Solved Problem with charset xbmc 13.0
Hi I have a problem with latin charset in xbmc 13.0
For example if the name of file is "the tribù.mkv" xbmc not recognize the file if the name is "the tribu.mkv" without accent everything is ok.
How can I resolve this?
This problem not is present in xbmc 12.x only in 13.x
That´s why I don´t use any letters like this. I had the same behavior with german "umlaut" (ä, ö, ü). So I decidet not to use these in filenames. Have had this in XBMC 12.x, too.
But why some file that have accent run and some not? Example "Asterix and obelix - al servizio di sua maestà" run but others not. This is a TERRIBLE bug for rest of world that not speak english. I'm italian and in my language there are frequently accents!
simplest fix is to use utf-8 file names. if not, you have to make sure the charset chosen in settings -> appearance -> international matches your files.

this was not broken in gotham nor in frodo (though there is a regression in helix).
I don´t know why one file is recognized and one not.

And tbh, I don´t know a movie, which is called "the tribù" as it is a mix of english language with italian letters (if I understand correctly). So I wouldn´t care about the filename, but the plot should be displayed correctly. I ran into the same problem like you 2 years ago, and I decided to use the original (mostly english) movie title if there are some (unusual) letters in the title in my language. Easiest solution for me.

Cheers
But in frodo 12.x all is ok. Why now I have this problem!? I don't understand.
I HAVE SOLVED!!
I changed the type of connection.
Before I used FTP.
Now with SMB all is ok! Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with charset xbmc 13.00