No 7.1 surround sound
Hi People :-) 

My problem Is that I can’t use my newly bought 7.1 surround on movies. (unless it only have 5.1 sound)

I have my XBMC Live on a asrock 330.
Hifi configured like this: asrock-> denon1912 ->TV

In audio settings I run hdmi passthrough. All other files are working just perfectly. I am currently on a 7.1 setup.
In xbmc it's also configured for 7.1 hdmi
But when I try to see a complete Blueray rip (to get the most out of my newly 7.1 surround) and the best quality currently at the market on my new tv, there just come this loud strange crackling sound from all 8 speakers. The sound is the same all the way through the movie and nothing else sound is getting through.

I can see that the denon receiver turns rightly to 7.1 conf..
They receiver is able to handle the 7.1 sound

I have tried to change hdmi cable, but with no luck.

I am a bit worried that it could be related to the hdmi (/gpu) in the asrock, which is not powerfull enough to handle the 7.1 passthrough?

Any ideas to solve this?

I don’t have anymore.
You have to offer a few things:

full Debug Log (with debug logging enabled on a pastebin site)
screenshot from your audio settings in XBMC

IIRC the ASrock 330 is an ION platform (first generation...also called ION 1). ION 1 platforms can´t handle HD-Audio. So I would bet, if you disable the HD-audio formats in your audio settings in XBMC, everything will work fine. I had the same behavior with my Zotac ION board if I tried to play HD-Audio.

So....unfortunately, the only solution for getting the best out of your new AVR is to buy new hardware.

Greetings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No 7.1 surround sound0