Seeking Beta-Testers for New EPG
UPDATE 2014-10-06

Unfortunately, we are indefinitely suspending this project to concentrate on other company projects. We may reintroduce this at a later date, but until such time, this thread should be considered closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE

Hello Everybody:

Again, you will have to accept my sincere apologies for lack of updates on this project. I have been dealing with a recent and unexpected family emergency which has consumed all my time.

I can assure everyone though – this EPG IS going to be released, but we will need a bit more time, as our original road map no longer applies.

We are paying for all this data, so you can be assured there will be a release.

Later today, I will post an additional update attempting to answer many of your questions.

Apologies again, during this difficult time.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We are seeking 50 beta-testers for a new electronic programming guide (EPG) to be released in the upcoming weeks. As a show of gratitude for your assistance, all selected beta-testers will receive a lifetime free subscription to our new EPG service. This includes access to all new features as they are released.

All content and imagery is 100% licensed for use on XBMC. Team XBMC has been provided with a copy of the licensing agreement for independent verification.

While we cannot specify an exact number at this point; Datho Digital intends to publicly pledge a certain portion of our monthly proceeds to the XBMC Foundation. We are saying this publicly and for-the-record; so you're all more than welcome to hold us to this :-)

We believe this is a truly revolutionary EPG, offering complete channel listings for the US, Canada & UK (18,000+ listings), along with the following features:

- Full channel listings, on now/on next
- Full program descriptions
- TV series/movie fanart
- Program meta-data
- Additional country support to be added continually

This EPG is highly customizable with the user having the ability to:

Design and download their own custom TV-channel line-up (with all the above features) from scratch. We have a simple web application interface which make this entire process quick-and-easy. Custom line-ups are then automatically downloaded on a user's local machine.
Select from a number of pre-set lineups. Users can choose to add additional stations to their pre-set lineups to quickly create a custom line-up
Link any XBMC stream to your EPG. If you can find it in XBMC, you can link to our guide
Hide or re-arrange channels within your existing line-up

This is a first release only and multiple new features will be rolled-out on a continual basis.

BETA-TESTER REQUIREMENTS

We are keen to test this on as many devices/OS/Official XBMC builds as possible, so we are looking for a wide-range of users – particularly Android users

- Provide log files and other technical information when reporting errors or other issues
- Provide feedback on general look, feel and ease-of-use
- Input on possible new features, functionality or integration with other XBMC services such as PVR clients

While you are free to post openly about the add-on; our only requirement is that you not distribute or otherwise publicly post the code until it is ready for release. All code will be made available as per XBMC guidelines, but we wish to wait until official release before this happens.

Please PM me for more information. We expect the test add-on and web application interface to be ready within the next week.

Our company website will also be launching in the next week. Our placeholder site is: www.dathovpn.com (yes, we also offer VPN service, hence the domain name).

UPDATE: Apologies all for the relative lack of communication, as I have been traveling recently. I will be in touch with all respondents shortly and we hope to begin releasing the beta version later next week.
I would like to test this EPG. I am able to test on Mac OS X 10.9 with XBMC Gotham 13.1 and an iPad Mini iOS 7 XBMC Gotham.
This sounds interesting, I'm in. Smile

I currently use the IPTV-simple pvr addon that uses a custom created xmltv file for EPG. I use Gotham 13.1 and 14.0 Helix on my Windows 8.1 builds (have 3 of them running 24/7).
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Thanks everyone for your responses so far. I'll keep you updated as we move along. I'm also happy to answer any questions about this service and/or features.
Is this an XML source for the PVR backend, or is it an EPG replacement for PVR? I'm more than happy to beta test on raspberry pi and x86 based OpenELEC. I'm a heavy PVR user. I use Digiguide for my data at the moment, and have hacked around the PVR db a bit and written some of my own scripts to interrogate.
I'd be more then willing to help you out. Gotham 13.1 on Windows 7 builds, with a WMC PVR Backend.
I'm up for testing this, would be interested to hear more detail on how you envisage it working.

How does the web based service get data to your desktop, is there some client application that will handle the download of new guide data?
And I guess the key question is will you be supporting writing guide data out to xml files, as almost all of the backends support XMLTV as an input source for their guide data...
HI,

I run both Openelec and Andriod and would like to offer my services as a beta-tester.

Ken
I would like to beta test. I have 4 XBMC clients; XBMC Gotham, OpenElec, and XMBC for iOS and Android.
I would also be interested in helping.
I would like to help I am running xbmcbuntu and a WMC PVR Backend.
I am also interested in testing.
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc
I would happily test, run XBMC on 3 machines. 1 Linux, 1 laptop windows 7 and 1 desktop windows 7. All with a mediaportal backend on whs2011 server.
I'm interested in testing for you. I'm currently running windows 7 xbmc and a WMC pvr backend.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested too.
Currently on Win 7 64 bit on my HTPC but soon to upgrade (OS) to Win 8.1 64 bit. DVBViewer backend with TBS 6981 twin tuner sat card.

Thanks!

W.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seeking Beta-Testers for New EPG0