Bug Music Library Updates crashes xbmc
Dear Community,

I have an issue with updating my Music Library. Gothum 13.1 crashes when I update my music library. I have used a local db and a remote sql db but with both dbs xbmc crashes and restarts. It crashes every time on the same song. Please find log in link below at 16:34.48

http://sprunge.us/CXdC

It seems to have problems with the following flacs which are quite big. I have removed file tags and set them again but makes no difference. Earlier versions of XMBC didn't had any problems with these files. Please help!

00 - RJD2 - The Mashed Up Mixes.log 2.093 11-02-2009 22:18 -a--
01 Diplo of Hollertronix Meets RJD2 - RJD2 - The Mashed Up Mixes.flac 113.606.327 15-07-2014 16:58 -a--
02 Haul & Mason The 11th Hour Mega Mix - RJD2 - The Mashed Up Mixes.flac 95.861.587 15-07-2014 16:58 -a--
AlbumArtSmall.jpg 7.278 31-03-2013 14:28 -a--
cd new.txt 0 16-12-2003 19:07 -a--
cover.jpg 13.316.863 11-02-2009 22:27 -a--
folder.jpg 36.765 16-12-2012 16:18 -a--
rip.log 16 12-05-2008 21:06 -a--

Thanks, Joroen75
what happens when you delete the .cue file from the directory?
(2014-07-15, 19:25)helta Wrote: what happens when you delete the .cue file from the directory?

I've tried that as well but still same issue.
the only other thing I can think of to do is strip all the tags, and re-tag it. see if that clears up any issue. otherwise, wait for a dev to chime in.
(2014-07-15, 21:09)helta Wrote: the only other thing I can think of to do is strip all the tags, and re-tag it. see if that clears up any issue. otherwise, wait for a dev to chime in.

Did that as well but still issue.
Maybe related to same issue but this xbmc device is not connecting anymore to the remote sql db while other devices with same gotham version are doing fine. Updating library is initiated from this device only.
Could you upload the problem files somewhere and send me a link ? I'd like to test this and pass it on to the devs.
or use SSH to get into the openelec htpc and type in the following

Quote:cd /storage
touch /var/run/xbmc.disabled
gdb /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
set logging on crash.txt
run
#crash xbmc
thread apply all bt
exit
cat crash.txt | pastebinit
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-07-16, 17:45)joroen75 Wrote: Maybe related to same issue but this xbmc device is not connecting anymore to the remote sql db while other devices with same gotham version are doing fine. Updating library is initiated from this device only.

log file at http://sprunge.us/fRSg

(2014-07-16, 17:49)Kib Wrote: Could you upload the problem files somewhere and send me a link ? I'd like to test this and pass it on to the devs.

problem files uploaded at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5w1rh7qhb3li9...kNBItvQsva
(2014-07-16, 17:54)Martijn Wrote: or use SSH to get into the openelec htpc and type in the following

Quote:cd /storage
touch /var/run/xbmc.disabled
gdb /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
set logging on crash.txt
run
#crash xbmc
thread apply all bt
exit
cat crash.txt | pastebinit

Doesn't seem to work fine:

##############################################
# OpenELEC - The living room PC for everyone #
# ...... visit http://www.openelec.tv ...... #
##############################################

OpenELEC (official) Version: 4.0.7
Zotac:~ # cd /storage
Zotac:~ # touch /var/run/xbmc.disabled
Zotac:~ # gdb /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
-sh: gdb: not found
Zotac:~ # set logging on crash.txt
Zotac:~ # run
-sh: run: not found
Zotac:~ # #crash xbmc
Zotac:~ #
Zotac:~ # #crash xbmc
Zotac:~ # thread apply all bt
-sh: thread: not found
Zotac:~ #
I'm just going to chime in here and say that my library (1TB, all FLAC files with .cue and .log files) crashes when I clean / update as well.

Never found the issue.
When I remove the source, the files still show in my library, when I scan the source back in, it just crashes.

I just ignore the Music aspect of XBMC, it's not a big deal for me, but annoying, nonetheless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library Updates crashes xbmc0