Autostart setup from Lubuntu
I have a Lubuntu 14.04 system (64-bit) on a 37" HDTV. The primary login is for general use, but with XBMC now working from an icon. For HTPC use I want to use a separate login with autostart to XBMC. Unfortunately, the instructions for Ubuntu variant systems specify using "System -> Administration -> Login" to access login setup, but that is not available on Lubuntu because there is no sysadmin GUI access to the login configuration on the default LXDE. Presuambly I can either add a package that provides control via a GUI, or create/edit config files to do the same job. The wiki instructions for /etc/init/xbmc.conf appear to describe non-Ubuntu distros. So before I foul something up, can I use this method on Lubuntu?
You can easily autostart app by editing /home/<accountname>/.config/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart

or with GUI by preference -> default applications for lxsession -> autostart
Quote from spouse [dismissive tone /on]: "I assume from that Eureka moment, that you have succeeded?"

Although I did have to disable PCManFM from auto-displaying options for discs on insertion, over the top ...

Am impressed with XBMC. Seriously impressed. Now all we need is a remote control.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autostart setup from Lubuntu0