Linux DVB-S2 USB card
Can someone recommend a good stable DVB-S2 USB card that is supported under linux and works great with TVheadend or. vdr.
I have one Tevii S660. Is someone using it? I heard that it had problems with diceqc but i am not sure if still does with latest drivers or. in 14.04 linux.
It has to be stable since one user will be using it that is not too much technical about media center.

TNX in advance
How about this one from Sundtek

I am using their DVB-C variant on a QNAP TS-212. Works very stable and well with TVheadend.
I can't say specifically about USB cards but I can tell you that if you are a not a true Linux geek that loves to recompile software, I doubt you will get any of those cards or devices to work, especially if you plan to use a DiSEqC switch. I can tell you one combination that absolutely will not work unless you basically want to dig in and start rewriting code, and that is Mythbuntu with a Prof Tuners 7301 card. My understanding is that such a combination used to work quite some time ago, with an old version of Mythbuntu and an older version of the card, but it just doesn't work anymore.

If you somehow manage to make it all work, I hope you will take notes and tell us how you did it because there are a lot of people that have been looking high and low for this information, with no success whatsoever. And those brave enough to try (but not certified Linux geeks that find writing code as easy a breathing air) generally give up and either abandon the project, or wind up using something like MediaPortal 2 under Windows for their backend (and by the way, the aforementioned Prof card works wonderfully under MediaPortal, just don't try to use two of them in the same system). If you can actually get a DVB-S2 based backend system up and running under Linux that supports XBMC, and if you tell us all exactly how you did it, you would be a freaking hero in my book. ESPECIALLY if you manage to do it without having to recompile any Linux software, because that is beyond the capabilities of many newer Linux users.
Sundtek works fine with Openelec out of the box and tvheadend . I have two of them Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux DVB-S2 USB card0