• 5(current)
Xbox Media Center, The new (ad)venture
really? awesome!
well then, i guess the next public release will take over my xbox. ah, if only i had a dual bios modchip, then i'd set up an xdk and compile myself. oh well.
regarding changing the audio track, i've posted this in the feature suggestions with a bunch of other features however it was quickly sent to the third page, and i'm not sure how the mplayer core works, but is it possible to alter this depending on the file format? for example, i have many vcds which are dual audio, but as vcds only allow for one actual audio track, how this works is one language is on the left channel and the other on the right. is it possible for the function to show 3 audio tracks? mixed, right channel and left channel?

once again, thanks for all your work. can't wait to get my hands on it (and then can't wait to get my hands on one with the rw/ff implemented).

morien
(morien @ jan. 21 2004,09:42 Wrote:ah, if only i had a dual bios modchip, then i'd set up an xdk and compile myself.
you don't need a debug bios on your xbox to compile xbmc. well you don't need a xbox at all to do it.

compiling tutorial
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
how about setting up a xbox with either media center as your dashboard, and then let it be your file/media server in the house?

the box isn't noisy and it wouldn't require a pc to be switched on to access any media - for me it will be brilliant, especially with two wireless laptops in the house. i can download the files using ftp on my pc's, but that defeats the purpose, i want to set up shares for streaming purposes. if you stick in say a 200/300gb hdd, you'll be set for a long time.  since it will be running non-stop (to serve) it will really become your media center.

i tried searching everywhere, but couldn't come up with much - everything seemed to be focussed for the xbox to connect to a pc (it flabberghasts me - mine works with simple windows shares....)

i can't think that i am the first one to come up with this idea. i noticed something about samba, but that seemed to have died as well because of illegal compilers or something.  

does something like this exist out there, or is the team planning to create something like this?  somebody please enlighten me...

ps - i don't want my xbox running linux to achieve this feat, as i don't want to deal with the whole media codecs issue.
(hullebulle @ jan. 21 2004,15:57 Wrote:
(morien @ jan. 21 2004,09:42 Wrote:ah, if only i had a dual bios modchip, then i'd set up an xdk and compile myself.
you don't need a debug bios on your xbox to compile xbmc. well you don't need a xbox at all to do it.

compiling tutorial
o ok. i'll get all the neccesary tools when i have fast internet (i don't think i have much hope at 3k/sec Sad ) and start compiling :d

thanks
morien
i have experienced a bug that occurs very often and xbmc freezes

1. xbmc is still alpha software. so dont expect a final release soon. hell we're working towards v1.0 and you can bet that v1.0 wont be the final version

2. if you find bugs, then pls report them

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
as frodo said, please report what you r doing to get it to crash.
there are situation i know of you can get xbmc to hang, but these issues are when i use xbmc not as i supposed to.

anyway, when you report what you are doing the devs can look at the problem and fix it perhaps, or when it is something you r doing wrong we can tell you so.

a win win situation when you report the bug.......
ok i know you guys herd the the question but i have to ask.
first what is the difference between the two?? xbmc/xbmp?

and why make another of the same player?? are they made by different developers??
is one officially dead so another was started up?

yes, i have used both and they seem the same. the only difference i've seen was that one has a widows media player little contoller at the bottom. you know the little volume and all that (very cool i might add)

an answer would be really be appreciated
i am not one of the developers but i believe it has to do with alot of the backend stuff in xbmp being hard to include new features....and with everything else they learned while coding xbmp they took that knowledge and created xbmc from the ground up...

that is what i got from the whole switch, please someone tell me if i am incorrect.

cp
(cyberplague @ jan. 28 2004,23:20 Wrote:i am not one of the developers but i believe it has to do with alot of the backend stuff in xbmp being hard to include new features....and with everything else they learned while coding xbmp they took that knowledge and created xbmc from the ground up...

that is what i got from the whole switch, please someone tell me if i am incorrect.

cp
this is correct. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(vicviper74 @ jan. 28 2004,22:07 Wrote:ok i know you guys herd the  the question but i have to ask.
first what is the difference between the two?? xbmc/xbmp?

and why make another of the same player?? are they made by different developers??
is one officially dead so another was started up?

yes, i have used both and they seem the same. the only difference i've seen was that one has a  widows media player  little contoller at the bottom. you know the little volume and all that (very cool i might add)

an answer would be really be appreciated
how about you read through this topic thread (link) from first to last post?, you're not the first to ask and we already answered there
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i was wondering where my post went Image
yeah, i'll try reproducing the crash and write a bug report.

morien
Sad 
y a-t'il des gens qui parlent français dans ces forums Sad
(blue @ feb. 02 2004,10:42 Wrote:y a-t'il des gens qui parlent français dans ces forums Sad
no, we don't speak french in these forums (it's in english only unless you address an issue in a specific language file), sorry
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
why did xbmc choose to use mplayer instead of what they used in xbmp. from where i stand, the lack of basic features that work (ff/rew, etc...) in mplayer make xbmc that little bit below being perfect...

thanks in advance,
lip
xbmp used mplayer too.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox Media Center, The new (ad)venture0