• 6(current)
Xbox Media Center, The new (ad)venture
Question 
mplayer was at the time (and still is) the most developed open source media player core. but in case you missed it xbmc has a dynamic core loading system so if a would like to port any other media player core they want (like xine, videolan, etc.) and xbmc could easialy be made to switch between the different cores on-the-fly,  ...of course it's very, very tidious work porting an entire new core to xbox/xbmc, even for a skilled programmer, noone that i know of is currently planning on doing it, but still it is possible

(lip @ mar. 05 2004,00:47 Wrote:mplayer make xbmc that little bit below being perfect
"little bit below being perfect", can we still take that as a compliment? hehe Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
xbmc is fantastic...don't get me wrong!

my only complaints are:
- normal controls for video do not work very well
- dvd playback with my samsung drive do not work at all for most dvd's

cheers and thanks for the info...i didn't know that.

thanks,

lip
does videolan do anything mplayer can learn from? or xbmc can learn from?
(thebeast @ mar. 08 2004,11:30 Wrote:does videolan do anything mplayer can learn from? or xbmc can learn from?
well videolan plays mostly everthing you throw at it (at leat the windows version do). i use it to verify a video while i am downloading it. even if the file is called *.dat and main parts of it are missing videolan will play it most of the time. dunno if there are any big advantages for xbmc.

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i've wondering for some what the difference between xbmp and xbmc is. i know what they basicly do, but in more detailed explanation.

i'm sure this question has been answered a million times before, but i havn't been able to find the answer by searching.
may i help a bit? Smile

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....f=1;t=3
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
sirs,

good job!

what will happens with evox interface? will dead?

g
(groucho @ april 28 2004,18:22 Wrote:sirs,

good job!

what will happens with evox interface? will dead?

g
evox interface? Huh
hi all. kudo's to the developers for the work on xbmc ^_^ the latest point release (2004-04-19, waiting for the 2004-04-27 to be on the servers) was a seriously good update to the gui and features. nice to see .mkv fully supported too even though the rwd/fwd is a bit buggy... not that i mind though.

i was using xbmp a fair bit before but now xbmc has easily surpassed it in terms of performance and features. great to see onboard brightness, gamma and contrast settings too as that was badly needed. support for high definition is also a huge plus.

just a quote question though... on my previous install (2004-03-09) the osd that displayed the figures for brightness, gamma etc were aligned correctly above the sliders. on the 2004-04-19 release the figures are now mis-aligned, pretty much merged with the slider buttons so you cannot see what the number is. its not a huge problem but thats the only thing i've found out about it so far... its not really a huge bug for me to write a report but if you'd like me to i could.

keep up the great work though ^_^
"can happiness be achieved without sacrifice?"
(neobladefx @ april 30 2004,00:42 Wrote:hi all. kudo's to the developers for the work on xbmc ^_^ the latest point release (2004-04-19, waiting for the 2004-04-27 to be on the servers) was a seriously good update to the gui and features. nice to see .mkv fully supported too even though the rwd/fwd is a bit buggy... not that i mind though.

i was using xbmp a fair bit before but now xbmc has easily surpassed it in terms of performance and features. great to see onboard brightness, gamma and contrast settings too as that was badly needed. support for high definition is also a huge plus.

just a quote question though... on my previous install (2004-03-09) the osd that displayed the figures for brightness, gamma etc were aligned correctly above the sliders. on the 2004-04-19 release the figures are now mis-aligned, pretty much merged with the slider buttons so you cannot see what the number is. its not a huge problem but thats the only thing i've found out about it so far... its not really a huge bug for me to write a report but if you'd like me to i could.

keep up the great work though ^_^
wrong place, please post a new post in the bug forum instead, thanks
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
would be the wrong place if my post was only about the "bug" though ^_^ my main point was to say kudos to the developers for the work and effort on xbmc.

my apologies if i have made my post sound like it was moaning about a bug though.
"can happiness be achieved without sacrifice?"
(glyndwr @ oct. 01 2003,11:50 Wrote:i'm sure i speak for everyone reading this when i say:

woohoo!

can't wait to get home and play with this!
gota lve that xbmc :bowdown:
kudos to the labor of love that is xbmc! i'm impress with
what i can do with it even while not being hooked up
directly with a computer.
xbmc made me stop looking for barebones to use as mediamachines.. i now have a full mediacenter with 5.1 and the whole nine yards. you guys are all geniouses! can't thank you enough. xbmc rocks! :thumbsup:
i got media player right now, and i'm wondering if it is really worth upgrading to center? i'm about to stream (using either relax or xstream [btw which is better?]) so i want the least amount of problems. what are the primary benefits of the center over the player (i don't want to use it as my dashboard)?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox Media Center, The new (ad)venture0