TV shows not listed in library
I'm sure this will have been asked and answered and is probably even in the wiki somewhere.
But I'll be buttered on both sides if I can find it!

I recently updated my main pc to windows 8.1 so decided to upgrade my htpc at the same time.
I've gone from running Frodo on Win7 x86 to now running Gotham 13.1 on Win 7 x64 w SP1, and using the Transparency skin

I readily admit I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but I'm sure this should be a simple task, even for me!

After re-installing xbmc etc (no problems there), I am now finding that my TV Show library is being cantankerous.

My movies all scanned in perfectly.
However, when I click on TV Shows in my main menu, I can see all my shows listed complete with fanart etc, but there are no episodes in the folders.

I have scanned, re-scanned, cleaned the library, updated the library, removed the source, and re-added it.
And still I got nothing. (I haven't bothered removing the userdata.xml file cos it is a clean install and it seemed pointless and unnecessary.)

Could someone please enlighten this ageing caveman who has obviously been clubbed once too often?
I am no longer active in these forums. Replying to, or commenting on, anything I have said in these forums is a waste of your time.
In file mode.re-set your scraper for TV shows, then refresh each show as theTVDB has listed.http://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch rename if needed.
Thank you for the swift reply Pat.
Sadly, I have absolutely no idea what any of that means Huh

If you could explain further (using really small words), or point me to a step by step guide somewhere, I would very much appreciate it.
I am no longer active in these forums. Replying to, or commenting on, anything I have said in these forums is a waste of your time.
In essence you have to scrape in your TV shows, it looks like the basic information regarding the TV show has been scraped, but as noted it's missing the episodes. Confirm this but using the context menu (keyboard C command) and ensure that the series has been scraped. At this point it's just the episodes not showing up, and there can be a few reasons why not; most likely is the nomenclature or naming of the episodes.

This wiki should help you http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...s/TV_shows

I suggest grabbing theRenamer for drag & drop naming of TV shows accurately.
Thank you for that. I will most definitely give theRenamer a shot later today.

The thing I don't understand is that it was all working really nicely on Win7 32 bit
I haven't changed my files in any way. The directory structure is the same, the file names are the same, etc

All I did was move from 32 bit to 64 bit and from Frodo to Gotham?

Is that enough to cause this?
I suspect your scraper TV settings were incorrect or not set, (a different drive path?) and although the gfxs of the shows turned up (as long as the gfx are with the videos they show) they didn't scrape.
Quote: I have scanned, re-scanned, cleaned the library, updated the library, removed the source, and re-added it.
in all of this, one can never be sure what has transpired, but it's clear now that you have issues with your episodes showing up, which calls for a refresh, re-scan from theTVdb, This shouldn't be a big deal, unless your episodes are not following the rules; which a this point I suggest using theReamer. I also pointed out their database so you can double check the naming....

Try to scrape manually one series at a time, you should see the results immediately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV shows not listed in library0