Can't connect to TVHeadend with XBMC (VLC works)
Hey.
I got a really strange problem and i can't figure out whats wrong.

i loaded a backup of my entire Ubuntu today and now XBMC can't connect to TVHeadend anymore.
TVheadend works with VLC and Plex-TVHeadend-Addon. But the same login-data doesn't work for XBMC..

tried it with
TVHeadend 3.9.3xx and with 3.9.10xx
XBMC 13.1 and 13.2

also double checked the login-data and tried hostname and IP - just nothing works.

The log is not really informative (at least for me):
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=247634

i think the main parts are:
02:25:43 T:4561608704 ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: OpenSocket - failed to connect to the backend (Connection refused)
02:25:43 T:4561608704 ERROR: ADDON: Dll Tvheadend HTSP Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable

and in XBMC it says:
No PVR client has started yet
HTSP connection lost

but of course, i enabled the PVR client and LiveTV

I'm not sure whether this is XBMC related or not. Because i also tried it on another PC and it's not working too.
But if this is TVHeadend related, why can i login from VLC and Plex ?

I would really appreciate some help here.
thanks !
Not to state the obvious but are you sure IP hasn't changed of the host and another device has taken that number hence connection refused?...easy to overlook Wink
Hey. thx for your help. I already double checked everything, like IP.

But to make the whole thing even more curious, i posted the post right before i went to sleep.... and now, i started XBMC and it works ... without changing anything - even without rebooting my server.
Well, sad that i don't know what the problem was, but i'm happy it's solved magically... Big Grin
Same here but this time I cannot find root cause for the moment. I will check about recent system updates.
Post the output of "netstat -tulpn" on the server (the machine running tvheadend). You can then try to connect to it manually using "telnet <machine> 9981" or "telnet <machine> 9982". If you get connection refused or anything like that it means tvheadend isn't running correctly (which will also be seen by the netstat command.
I checked that, TVHeadend was not listening on port 9982. The strangest thing is it used to work correctly without this "sometimes it works" behaviour.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect to TVHeadend with XBMC (VLC works)0