Bug [buildroot][amlogic] SPDIF passthrough out-of-sync
I'm having problems with Gotham (13.1 and 13.2) and spdif pass-through. The audio through spdif is 225ms ahead of video, thus I have to delay the audio by 225ms. But audio is in sync through HDMI, so if I delay audio the HDMI gets out of sync. I'm running a MX2 box, g18ref. With either buildroot Linux, OpenELEC or Android this issue exists.

My setup:
MX2 -hdmi- TV
MX2 -coaxial- receiver
TV -toslink- receiver

My receiver doesn't have HDMI, so I have to use coaxial, main reason to go for MX2.

Standard I have to delay audio in the receiver for 50ms to get lipsync with the TV. I get no echo when turning on audio on TV and receiver simultaneous. This can be checked very good with the opening scene of Adele - Live at the Royal Albert Hall. This scene has close-up slow piano strikes. You can clearly see when the thumb hits a key and thus you can adjust lipsync this way. If I play this DVD and output AC3 to my TV and then from my TV to the receiver I get perfectly sync audio. Unfortunately my TV can't passthrough DTS thus I have to use coaxial as well.

Now when I use the receiver on coaxial input I have to delay audio to the max amount of 200ms in my receiver and then delay audio in XBMC with another 75ms to get sync. Thus 275ms in total. This is exactly the sum of 50ms and 225ms.

When I configure the audio settings as 'Fixed' (with whatever samplerate) I get the same sync issue on HDMI as well. So audio is 225ms ahead of video when using Fixed samplerate. Somehow this has to be related to the spdif issue. When using Best match or Optmized the audio stays sync over HDMI.

The difference is that Fixed resamples the audio to PCM, so using Fixed you can't get 5.1 over spdif.

Could someone confirm audio is out-of-sync when using Fixed.I think maybe being able to choose the audio device for passthrough and normal output in Audio settings would help to solve this weird behavior.
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=248497
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[buildroot][amlogic] SPDIF passthrough out-of-sync0