If only....
Video 
Try as I might, I seem to end up in a constant love/hate relationship with XBMC.

I work a month off/on offshore, when I leave XBMC seems to be working fine. Obviously the time away usually there are newer versions when I come back, but I don't think its an upgrade issue.

Most of my material is 24 fps, and barring any dodgy oos encode, its a constant battle to keep up with sync and audio issues.

I have went as far as changing from HDMI audio, to using optical, I am now trying Dsplayer..yada yada.

If I change my screen refresh rate to 23 Hz, the menu feels sluggish. it obviously helps, but everything else is a pain to use.

I did go to external player and use MPC-HC, but usually ended up in an annoying loop due to play next video (an option I like to use), and the jumping out and in to XBMC annoyed me a bit as well.

Sometimes it feels like depending on which way the wind is blowing depends on if you have sync issues, as no options get changed, it just seems to happen.

I have tried all the options in Audio, directsound, Wasapi, screen ref, pause.

Driving me mad. But there are no errors, just seems to be the way it is.Confused
If 23Hz makes things good, why don't you use the function to automatically switch the refresh rate during video playback?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
well thats the thing, I have.

But things just seem to be ok for the odd episode, film, and then it just seems to raise it's head again.

Sometime a pause helps, but for the most playing about with settings or just pure luck gets it back to OCD manageable levels.

I just wish it was a click and forget setup, but it seems to be a constant battle.
No mention of hardware or what version of windows
Yes I know, it was more of a moan than anything constructive.

Win 7
Gotham 13.1

But it is not a new issue, I think it must go down as a annoyance of XBMC. It just seems you can customise every little thing, but sync is a major battle.
Ya, I left the internal player long ago. MPC-HC+madVR works perfect for me. Not only more stable but better picture quality as well.
I for one have no problems what so ever. I guess it's a case of getting the right hardware and setting up correctly
Picture quality purists should honestly give the Raspberry Pi a go. Even if you have more money to spend on an HTPC, or you don't like it being sluggish with some skins or features, playback itself is perfect on the Raspberry Pi. Refresh rate switching has no issues, and the Pi's video hardware can produce a higher picture quality than many x86 HTPCs. It's honestly a little disturbing that this $35 bugger has such good PQ.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If only....0