Artwork Downloaded - Server and PC Setup
Hi All

I have a problem I have been unable to solve with the help of the forums and various articles.

Basically, I have my Movies located on a Server with all of the Artwork within each directory. However, I have just found that my HTPC downloads the Artwork each time a new item is added to the library and places it locally on the HTPC within "userdata/thumbnails/video/fanart"

Please can you point me in the right direction, essentially I want the Server to contain both the Movie and the Fanart, this shouldn't be stored on the HTPC.

I am happy for the Artwork Downloader to scrape the images if it would save them in the correct directory on the server. Alternatively, I would be happy to use the Fanart already located on the Server within the directory.

How can I manage this? I tried the "Local" setting within Artwork Download which didn't seem to change the images being displayed from the local to the server versions.

Runnings v13.1 and Aeon Nox Skin 5
(2014-07-16, 17:37)zanic Wrote: However, I have just found that my HTPC downloads the Artwork each time a new item is added to the library and places it locally on the HTPC within "userdata/thumbnails/video/fanart"

XBMC needs this internal thumbs folder local for speed. Pulling images up from your server one at a time as needed would make XBMC very sluggish.

Quote:Please can you point me in the right direction, essentially I want the Server to contain both the Movie and the Fanart, this shouldn't be stored on the HTPC.
A path substitution for the thumbnail folder is possible, but not recommended. Check the wiki's, thumbs are best served up with an SSD or ram drive

Quote:How can I manage this? I tried the "Local" setting within Artwork Download which didn't seem to change the images being displayed from the local to the server versions.
If you are missing art for any of your collection, AD will download the missing items as specified in the settings, local will check images in the folder and use those first. There is a whole forum thread dedicated to this AD program.Your question regarding AD are better handled in that area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloaded - Server and PC Setup0