Turn volume to max on boot
I am currently running XBMCbuntu with Gotham v13 on a Dell E6420 via HDMI with a pulse-eight CEC adapter. I love my setup but I have one issue that I cant figure out as I am not a linux user by any means. When my system is running, sometimes the volume is set to -10db and I have to go to the laptop and press the volume up button on the laptop to get the volume to be controlled via the TV as I like it. Is there a script or something I can do to make the volume to 0db(max) on boot so that I dont run into this anymore? I look forward to some linux guru pointing me in the right direction.
Maybe it can be done with alsamixer...

Exit XBMC and enter XBMCbuntu, open a terminal and enter "alsamixer". After this you will get a screen, that will show you some volume settings. Maybe the "master" volume is not complete at highest position. Change it and exit alsamixer. Then enter "aslactl store" (don´t know if "sudo" has to be used for this...just try and if something does not work, try "sudo alsactl store". This will store your alsasettings.

If it doesn´t change after a reboot, you have to edit your rc.local:

Code:
sudo nano /etc/rc.local

and put

Code:
alsactl restore

at the second last line. This will restore the last stored setting at every boot.

Mabe it might help.

Greetings
I knew I would find an answer here. Master volume was set to ~50% on reboot. I set it to 100% and exited. I had to use "sudo alsactl store" to save it. After reboot it maintained my volume setting without having to modify the rc.local file. Thanks you so much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn volume to max on boot0