any way to re-ID Music Artists?
My current issue is: the "official" XBMC Android remote will not order Music Artists alphabetically. It orders by Artist ID for some asinine reason.

Is there any easy way to "re-order" the Music Artist IDs, other than deleting the Music database and re-scanning? When I do that, the Music Scrapers don't pick up biographies for 50% of my Artists. Ideally, I'd find a way to ignore the preceding "The" when doing that alphabetically, since the XBMC Android Remote doesn't do that either. The iOS XBMC remote has neither of those problems.

If not, Is there an easy way to save my current database, delete+re-scan, and then import the missing biographies? Like an SQL query to copy the biographies to a separate database table, then copy them back into the newly scanned database?

All I'm really trying to do is get the XBMC Android Remote to order my Artists alphabetically. The XBMC Android Remote app seems to be dead, and so is the related forum on this site. I've tried the other Android Remote apps and none of them worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
any way to re-ID Music Artists?0