Req Loading MKVs Coverart as Thumbnails
To be honest I don't get it why this isn't a Feature many people love and also want XBMC to support.

http://www.matroska.org/technical/cover_art/index.html Here you can see how the files are named and they also provide a sample file.

http://blog.tock.es/wp-content/uploads/2...try222.png and here you can see how the files look in Windows after multiple modifications to windows (so Windows shows .mkv thumbnails at all anyway lol).
sounds like a MKV header scraper is required. IIRC there is an according thread in the scraper development section
Thanks for your answer^^.

My problem with that method is that you have to set up a webserver just for data which you could scrap on the XBMC PC itself. It also looks like he was only able to make it work for movies currently instead of TV shows for now.

To have such a scraper in XBMC itself where you don't need a second PCor an Internet connection would make the Software useful for many more people.
Hi Tock,

you can use the MKV scraper also for series - it just (currently) does not sort them into TVShows but makes a collection out of it. For just getting the covers the php can be modified (remove all tag stuff).

@da-anda:
perhaps you can give me a hint for the real series part. Which scraperfunctions are really required, which XML contents do they expect. Especially the episodeguide section that can be retrieved in the GetDetails function is something which would require to scan all episodes from a series because in one MKV file ususally are only the details for this one episode (and of course the series details). I also stumbled over the id and uniqueid sections, what do they do exactly. I did not find a description for that.
It would be nice, if you could give me a hint where I can find such docus or who is the best person to ask.
By the way, I also don't like the need of a web server for reading local data, but the scrapers apparently need that - or is there a straight forward way with a python script, perhaps a sample somewhere how to fill/add data to a library.

Thanks,
Gregor
I'm sorry, can't help with scrapers. I only remembered seeing some MKV scraper thread on the forums and pointed Tock to it in the hopes this would be what he's looking for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loading MKVs Coverart as Thumbnails0