Laptop lid causes suspend/hibernate. [xbmcbuntu]
I'm inches away from a perfect XBMCbuntu install.. My only problem is I can't seem to figure out what to do to tell it to do nothing when the lid is closed. Short of hacking the screen off and pulling out the wires, I'm at a loss. I've tried everything I could find and nothing seems to be working. If there is a way to do it, I need to find out how.
SSH to laptop or open a terminal.

sudo nano /etc/systemd/logind.conf

find the line '#HandleLidSwitch=suspend' and remove the # at the beginning.

Change HandleLidSwitch=suspend to HandleLidSwitch=ignore

Save with ctrl+o and then <enter> and exit nano with ctrl+x

reboot
Learning Linux the hard way !!
When I open up nano it's essentially blank with no lines of text whatsoever aside from the basic UI. When I enter in what you told me to put it in, it says near the bottom of the screen: " [ Error writing etc/systemd/logind.conf: No such file or directory ] "
Grr, works under a full install of Ubuntu, cos I tested it on my laptop. Also, that file exists in my XBMCbuntu install, although its not on a laptop.

Can you post the output of 'ls -l /etc' to pastebin or somewhere, and post a link to it ? Surprised that filepath is invalid.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-07-17, 13:06)bergauk Wrote: When I open up nano it's essentially blank with no lines of text whatsoever aside from the basic UI. When I enter in what you told me to put it in, it says near the bottom of the screen: " [ Error writing etc/systemd/logind.conf: No such file or directory ] "

I think you missed the forward slash before etc
(2014-07-17, 13:40)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-07-17, 13:06)bergauk Wrote: When I open up nano it's essentially blank with no lines of text whatsoever aside from the basic UI. When I enter in what you told me to put it in, it says near the bottom of the screen: " [ Error writing etc/systemd/logind.conf: No such file or directory ] "

I think you missed the forward slash before etc

I... am an idiot. It was about 4AM in the morning when I tried so I guess that had to do with it. Now to test whether or not it'll do it.

Seems it did nothing. I played a video, closed the lid and the video stopped playing. Anything else I can do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laptop lid causes suspend/hibernate. [xbmcbuntu]0