Could not find scraper function GetEpisodeList
Hello all,

I am having trouble scraping certain TV-shows via my DAVS share. More than 140 shows work fine, but i am having issues with for example; Lost and Desperate Housewives.
I am using the local scraper only as i have all my imagework and nfo's locally.

tvshow.nfo contains:
<episodeguide>
<url>http://thetvdb.com/api/A0BB9A0F6762942B/series/73739/all/en.zip</url>
</episodeguide>

XBMC debug contains:
12:59:37 T:2056 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::GetEpisodeList: Searching 'http://thetvdb.com/api/A0BB9A0F6762942B/series/73739/all/en.zip' using Local information only scraper (file: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\metadata.local', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.0.0')
12:59:37 T:2056 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0F03DD90) http://thetvdb.com/api/A0BB9A0F6762942B/...all/en.zip
12:59:37 T:2056 INFO: XCURL:Big GrinllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://thetvdb.com
12:59:37 T:2056 DEBUG: CScraperUrl::Get: Archive "http://thetvdb.com/api/A0BB9A0F6762942B/series/73739/all/en.zip" was unpacked in memory
12:59:37 T:2056 DEBUG: CScraperUrl::Get: Using content of "http://thetvdb.com/api/A0BB9A0F6762942B/series/73739/all/en.zip" as binary or text with "UTF-8" charset
12:59:37 T:2056 ERROR: CScraperParser:Tonguearse: Could not find scraper function GetEpisodeList
12:59:37 T:2056 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
12:59:37 T:2056 WARNING: No information found for item 'davs://USERNAMETongueASSWORD@***/vod/datastore2/TV-Shows_archive/Lost/', it won't be added to the library.

Somehow, The show is added with only Season 1 added to the database. All other seasons are ignored.

Anyone have an idea?
As recomended the a previous topic; removing everything between <episodeguide></episodeguide> seems to have solved the issue. Still weird that this issue just pops up.
I'm having this problem too. Seems like it is a bug with the manual scraper. I would imagine it should fall back to any episode specific nfo files that are available if the initial tvshows.nfo has this specific failure.
I'm having this problem as well, only when scraping locally, and it doesn't appear to fall back on episode .nfo's, it just moves on to the next show if there is one and attempts to scrape that.

Additional things:

1. removing the <episodeguide> tag and its contents or just removing the contents doesn't solve or change my problem, so that's not a work around for my case.

2. I would expect to only get this error at the very beginning of a local scrape of a tv show, however, I also get this error when scraping between seasons of a show (though not between episodes of the same season). I don't know how or when all the xml in tvshow.nfo gets parsed, but if it's only parsed once at the beginning of the scrape then getting this error between seasons seems to indicate something, though I don't know what. I'm about to start looking through the xml in the tvdb zip file that is referenced in the body of the <episodeguide> tags in tvshow.nfo the to see if I can find anything there.
I am getting this same error, but I am not trying to scrape locally. I am trying to update one particular show (Sleepy Hollow) with the latest episode. Now it can't scan any of the episodes for that show. It grabs the en.zip file successfully from thetvdb.com and unpacks it but then dies with that error:

T:140195491956480 ERROR: Parse: Could not find scraper function GetEpisodeList

Pastebin of the verbose log:
http://pastebin.com/G4p8NXgk

I had an issue with another show, The Blacklist but it finally scanned.

I tried clearing between the <episodeguide> tags like mentioned above, but no joy. I think since I am not just trying to do a local scrape it gets that information anyway.

As can be seen it still tries to get the en.zip file.
I think I figured it out. My "AHA" moment was when I rescanned my files with sickbeard, which created an nfo for the show. Then XBMC scanned it. I had been assuming all this time that the sickbeard tv show format "Show - 1x01 - Name.ext" was recognized by XBMC. It looks like it is not. Also, the default format for mythicalLibrarian - "Show S01E01 (Name).ext" is apparently not recognized either. However sickbeard can parse that format as well. Once it has an nfo, there is no problem. I just need to either add the mythicalLibrarian format to my advanced settings, or change mythicalLibrarian to export the show in the "anything_s01e01.ext" format.

I had not noticed this before because all my shows came from sickbeard, and by the time XBMC scanned it, it had a .nfo file to look at. Now I am trying to incorporate mythTV with mythicalLibrarian, which made the issue show up.

Hopefully this will solve my issue.
No, my Aha moment was false. It looks like the default regex should parse "Show S01E01 (Name).ext" just fine.

If it is a regex problem, it has escaped me so far. I don't know if it is a show problem or what. I'll keep digging.
I can confirm that the workaround of removing the episodeguide tag was working for me.
I am using XBMC 13.2 Gotham on a Windows 7 PC.
I had the same problem that the first season was recognized but not the following by the local information scraper.

I removed this part of the tvshow.nfo file in my tvshow folder:

<episodeguide>
<url cache="71470-en.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/71470/all/en.zip</url>
</episodeguide>

And here you see my standard xbmc log including the error and after doing the workaround and rescanning the local information:

13:02:28 T:692 NOTICE: Thread VideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
13:02:28 T:4688 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:02:28 T:692 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
13:02:29 T:692 WARNING: CVideoInfoTag::GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '0' as 0 minutes
13:04:22 T:692 WARNING: Previous line repeats 3 times.
13:04:22 T:692 ERROR: CScraperParser:Tonguearse: Could not find scraper function GetEpisodeList
13:04:22 T:692 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
13:04:22 T:692 WARNING: No information found for item 'M:\!Treasury\tvshows\Star-Trek-Next-Generation\', it won't be added to the library.
13:04:22 T:692 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 01:54
13:04:22 T:5328 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:05:20 T:2744 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
13:05:20 T:2744 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:05:37 T:3120 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:05:37 T:3120 NOTICE: Thread Timer start, auto delete: false
13:20:42 T:4732 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:20:48 T:5920 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
13:21:19 T:3980 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:21:19 T:3980 NOTICE: Thread VideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
13:21:19 T:3980 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
13:21:20 T:3980 WARNING: CVideoInfoTag::GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '0' as 0 minutes
13:21:31 T:3980 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:21:31 T:3980 ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode M:\!Treasury\tvshows\Star-Trek-Next-Generation\season01\StarTrek-NextGen-s01e27.iso online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
13:21:31 T:4800 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
13:22:58 T:3980 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:22:58 T:3980 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 01:39
After some searching, my result came out to - if you use LOCAL then it will balk at any sort of URL address, as this tells it to use a non local resource locally. Then I came down to a naming convention issue, where some local sources had been named differently due to basic naming rules, while the NFO files didn't care and were listing the original titles.
I ran a renaming program on the whole directory, deleted all NFO, JPG, JPEG and XML files, leaving only the actual media (mp4, avi, whatever). Then ran a scraper on the newly sorted and clean directory, and finally had XBMC(KODI) scan again and it found it I think everything at this point.
Home built Solaris 11.1 server, ZFS 4 x 3Tb pool, RAIDZ to 9Tb space.
NFS & SMB shares.
Asrock E350M1 mob with 8G RAM running KODI from a 16G USB stick

HDMI -> Yamaha 5.1 -> 60" Sharp LCD -
AR XSight Color Remote

Happy Wife. Nearly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could not find scraper function GetEpisodeList0