Best Skin for beginner
Hi All,

I'm looking to build a htpc for the missus but she's not exactly technical so I was wondering what the best skin for a beginner was.

What I'm looking for is something clean and concise while not restricting too much on features (Shows recently added movies, tv shows etc.)

Thanks
D
The default Confluence should fit this situation.
I would recommend Quartz.
My wife likes Confluence best. It's not all cluttered up with artwork and she doesn't have too much trouble figuring out which button to select.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
really? up till now i always hear confluence is one of the most cluttered, confusing and ugliest skin.

i personally think it's not that bad, but almost. though it is the only skin that supports everything with the fewest bugs.
Conq?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Com...n_features
<selfplug>
Maximinimalism?
</selfplug>
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Hybrid

based of the simple to use Confluence but with extra tweaks so you can customize it for her with stuff like Main menu buttons to certain content and other cool stuff
Conq.
anything similar to confluence is a bad choice especially for beginners. it looks so overloaded and bad designed and confusing.

i also would vote for conq.

but tastes differ much. you should show her some pics and let her decide.
I don't see Conq as an option on my XBMC running on Fire TV
Yh I have Conq and its on the shortlist. But I don't think it offers enough visual feedback. For instance with Quartz it shows the latest added movies and tv shows. This would be necessary. She's very much the appleTV kind of user (that's not to say it has to look like apple tv) but it should provide a similar user experience.

Confluence requires too much scrolling to see what's there.
(2014-08-02, 19:01)davbren Wrote: Yh I have Conq and its on the shortlist. But I don't think it offers enough visual feedback. For instance with Quartz it shows the latest added movies and tv shows. This would be necessary.

Latest items are available on the home screen in Conq. Appearance - Skin - Settings - Home Submenus
Quartz may be what she wants.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Skin for beginner0