Linux Wifi periodically disconnecting
Hi everyone,

Running latest XBMCbuntu (14.10) with latest version of XBMC (Gotham 13.1) on my Intel NUC with AC-7260 wifi card.

My NUC is connected to my 5 GHz Wi-Fi network and I also set it up (in XBMC) that it would never sleep (only dim the screen after a few minutes).

After a random amount of hours (around 10-12 hours), my NUC disconnects from my wi-fi network and the only way to reconnect it is going through network manager or rebooting the NUC (after which it connects immediately).

Is there a setting in ubuntu that I missed? Can routers disconnect devices after a period of inactivity? Or just something obvious that I missed?
Do you have static IP adresses given in your network or do you use DHCP? If you use DHCP try with static and be sure, that none of the adresses is given twice. For me I decrease the DHCP range to 15 adresses in my network and all the other devices, that uses internet or a network connection, have been given static adresses.

Are you sure it´s disconnected or just not online?
Hi David1977!

My NUC is connected to my router using a static address (10.124.161.200), with the DHCP range from 0-199.

I'm sure it says "disconnected" as network manager tells me so after a period of time Wink.

I tried turning off power management through iwconfig, but upon doing so I get a lot of buffering issues, so turned it back on for the time being..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wifi periodically disconnecting0