Win MySQL Creation Time = Forever
I just installed MySQL, and went through the proper steps to get XBMC to be able to connect/create/query etc.

After starting XBMC, the database generation starts. The splash screen remains while this happens. Good so far.

I can see the tables being created in the database, for both Video and Music. Really good so far... sort of.

My issue is that it takes FOREVER to create the database structure. It takes 8 minutes, or more, to create the tables. Not so good.

Is this normal? I have been coding MSSQL database for years, and can script a really complex table/database/relationships in seconds.

I turned off Windows firewall, just to see if that had anything to do with it. Same results.
Reinstalled MySQL and set up the server as one that will host databases, instead of development (this allows more resources to be allocated). Same results.

Ok, so the database takes forever to generate. I could live with that. But now, adding video file locations, it takes about 30 seconds to scrape a single video, and they slowly appear in the library. Whereas without using MySQL, it would scrape a few movies per second.

Any ideas on what's going on?

When I add a video location, I add it as a network location, on the local machine, as I read it doesn't like local drive letters. I have yet to add the other boxes. I want to get this figured out first!
smb:.//192.168.1.122/Movies0001 (or something like that).

But even then, I think it's more fundamental than that, as it takes too long to create the DB structure.

One final item: Can I just use MSSQL or is XBMC coded to only really use MySQL?

Thanks all!

RAE
The usual problem is network (i.e. every single connection takes forever). Take a search through the forums - there is a known workaround.

And no, MSSQL is not, and will never, be supported.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Creation Time = Forever0