Raspberry Pi. Help required with Pause code
Hi,

I'm doing some charity work for a local home for the elderly and would like little assistance. Pi is new to me, as is XBMC, so any help would be gratefully received.

I am running XBMC on a Pi for for these guys to watch short motivational videos while they do some gentle exercise to keep old bones moving Smile

I have hooked up a movement sensor to a small circuit containing a USB keyboard chip, and the net result is that as long as they are moving the Pi receives an Arrow Up keystroke just as if it has been typed from a keyboard. It works fine.

What I need to do now is Pause the movie if they stop exercising. In reality this is just a loop that tests input but I don't know enough about XBMC yet to do this.

The rule is: If no input is received over a period of 3 seconds the movie pauses. As soon as it detects input the movie starts again. I don't know if this is possible, but it would also be helpful for a message to appear over the paused movie something like "Restart Exercise to Continue Movie". The only possible input the Pi can receive is an Up Arrow keystroke.

Any help to set me on the right path would be fantastic.

Many Thanks...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi. Help required with Pause code0