Press down for trailer does not work for all movies.
Hello folks,

I would just like to say thank you for such a great program. This has change my life in many ways, I now enjoy my TV more than ever. Easy support for audio pass-through along with support for many standard formats.

Anyways I have XBMC Gotham 13.1 git 20140604 84725b0

I am using Neon Skin. I go to my movies section with view mode set to: Showcase. If I press down button I usually get a trailer on most if not almost all my movies. There are some that it doesn't though. It will show the bottom circle spinning saying "WORKING" then nothing happens.

Any ideas why it doesn't stream trailers from some of my movies?
It usually does a search (on YouTube, I think) for trailers. It could simply not be finding any for some movies. A debug log (wiki) would tell us more.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=248860

I hope this helps. I will be attempting to make out what half of it means myself. I hope you can help me.
Yeah, it just seems that the sites XBMC uses to look for trailers simply don't have the trailers for those movies. I searched a couple manually that showed up in your log and it seemed to confirm this.

If you can manually find the trailer and download it then you can save the trailer file along side the movie file. Just name it whatevermovie-trailer.mkv, as long as it has the -trailer part in it and it uses the same base-name for the actual movie file. Then XBMC will use the local trailer video instead of looking on the internet.
I see, thank you. I think I will do that then. Do you have any tips for a novice like me? Trailers are important to me because its how me n my friends decide what to watch. High quality trailers are a must.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Press down for trailer does not work for all movies.0