Xbmc won't start after upgrade
Hello---
Running Xbmc on Linux, upgraded today to beta1 and xbmc will no longer start, similar to how it acted when the repos were a problem with older build. Is this an issue again? Can't post a debug log because I can no longer get xbmc to run at all. Sad help please!

Crash log:
pastebin.com/QvzXEQ0f
try to remove script.grab.fanart
Thanks. Seems to get a little farther before it crashes xbmc (home menu appears for about 1 second) but still crashes...
pastebin another debug log.
Ok, here it is...

Crash log:
pastebin.com/6MbjirzN
plz enable debugging...

its still crashing at the same place, an addon trying to unpack some fanart. Are you sure you deleted that addon?
Thanks for your help...I can't enable debugging because it crashes on startup. Yep, that whole folder is in the recycle bin. No problems running xbmc before the upgrade (no crashes)...
Manually create Advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and enable debugging that way
Ok thanks.

Debug log:
Pastebin.com/9aLEXaKJ
Same here.. kept crashing.. I've gone back to stable repo and its working fine. I was using ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master (14.0 Alpha, I believe).
I used the stable update from the main website and now it's completely non-functional. Was working perfectly before I updated. Makes no sense.
we're looking into it. If anyone of you can compile yourself, I'd be interested if https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5034 fixes the crash
(2014-07-18, 19:25)wsnipex Wrote: we're looking into it. If anyone of you can compile yourself, I'd be interested if https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5034 fixes the crash

Can you please let us know when this will be included into your nightly? I am keen to get back to XBMC R14 alpha due to a couple of changes I really like.

For your information, mine would load, run the xbmc animation with some wavey thing going over it, show the menu, then crash.. and it would go on, and on, and on. Smile
Any news on this?
Information 
Quote: I was using ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-fernetmenta-master (14.0 Alpha, I believe).

runel,

I am also working on similiar issues. Is the above refernced ppa still up? I did try it, but no joy.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Adler
JJMacey
Wildwood, New Jersey - On The Jersey Shore
Linux Web Site + Blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc won't start after upgrade0