PVR - Picture in Picture
Hi,

I don't think this functionality has been put into XBMC yet but just throwing this out there to see if I've missed it. I'm wondering if there is an ability to display picture in picture in the PVR? I have a dual tuner so can watch Live TV and record another channel at the same time, but what I would like my skin to do is have the currently displayed TV Channel running as full screen, and whilst the user is navigating through the other channels that channel would also display in one of the corners.
Fairly certain this doesn't exist in Kodi as of yet and can't say that it probably will in the near future but I'm not a team member so anything is possible I guess.

My main concerns could be starting the second stream while browsing channels. On my new purpose built i5 HTPC it takes a couple of seconds for the channel to start so browsing channels would be very slow going. I think it could be kinda cool to have but I doubt I would use it very often if at all.
Nope, we don't have that yet. And it also won't come that fast - as a whole lot of stuff needs to be adjusted, especially dvdplayer needs a lot of additional code.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
To add to Fritsch' remark, the current engine is able to play either 0 or 1 items at the same time.
Anyone working on this yet?

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
Not that I know of.
This would be great..

Probably the only major thing missing that other pvr's have.

Hooroo :-)
Was just searching to see if this was a possibility yet - so I can get my security cameras in the corner. Sad that it hasn't progressed anywhere... but put me down as someone who'd like to see it added!

(2014-08-21, 19:25)Kib Wrote: To add to Fritsch' remark, the current engine is able to play either 0 or 1 items at the same time.

Are you certain it can't play 0 *and* 1 items at the same time? ;-)
It has progressed. Sad that you did not help us :-) as I know you could, if you wanted. FernetMenta is rewriting VideoPlayer and in the future two players are possible with the new design.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just curious, where can I find more info on this?
(2015-11-02, 18:32)fritsch Wrote: It has progressed. Sad that you did not help us :-) as I know you could, if you wanted. FernetMenta is rewriting VideoPlayer and in the future two players are possible with the new design.

I am also really interested, is there someplace with info?
I rather see PIP using the second source as a security camera !
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
That would be really great, because this would be a great advantage.

LiveTV - Video
Music - Video
Music - LiveTV
LiveTV - LiveTV
Video - Video
Camerea - Video
and so on...

are there any further information about this?
(2016-01-04, 09:38)overdrive69 Wrote: That would be really great, because this would be a great advantage.

LiveTV - Video
Music - Video
Music - LiveTV
LiveTV - LiveTV
Video - Video
Camerea - Video
and so on...

are there any further information about this?

Oohh when the day will come.. PIP.. Ohhh hope we do not have to wait too many years Tongue
This needs to happen in kodi 17.0 it would be a huge step in kodi to watch a movie or live tv at the same time

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR - Picture in Picture1