Solved Aspect Ratio
This is my first post in here, so: HI EVERYONE! ^^

At frist I have to say: I'm very sad about the drop of your XP-Support.
In the latest running version for XP there is an unfixed bug in my sound that's no never going to be fixed.

So I've just installed XBMC 13.1 on my 2nd operating system (Win7 Prof. x64) and there my problem occurs:
My videos in "Apple iTunes Trailer Plugin" and my local stored videos (no other videos tested yet) are being displayed with the wrong aspect ratio.
E.g. I have a Video in 1280x544 (my screen is 1920x1080). It should be properly resized to 1920x816. But it's being resized to 1920x722 in viewing modes "normal", "original size" and "custom" (switched and watched by pressing "z" during video playback).
The PAR displayed by pressing "z" is definitly wrong, because it's telling "PAR: 1.00" (as long as it shows the PAR of the current displayed image, not the one of the video) (I think in my case it's ~1.1302).
This video (and other videos, too) is being displayed with too large black borders and compressed in it's height by >10%.

In the settings, my screen size is set to 16:9.
For real 1280x720 videos, I can fix the image by selecting "strech to 16:9" by pressing "z"... but I think this won't work for non-16:9-videos.

Is this a bug or just a wrong setting?
After installing, I've tried the video calibration wizard, but I've also tried to reset it (I hope... I the reset option below the calibration option).
I wasn't able to find an option to correct this AR error, especially because in the settings it's telling me "PAR: 1.00".
I think you're clear in what is happening, in some cases using hardware rendering (built in chips on a gfx card) will be the source of this issue, hence try a software decode (with or without eliminate black bars) some gfx cards respond differently to this.With movies or videos, editing .nfo you can custom set the AR manually, Or as you have discovered a simple video re-calibration of the AR in the OSD will do the trick and XBMC should remember these settings next play.

But for streaming plugin's XBMC assumes the AR as normal, whatever is sent. It looks like it's possible to set the size of the 4:3 aspect image to a error percentage change (20% gives you full 16:9) that would always play 4:3 aspect as something else. I see this issue as a plugin shortcoming.
I think I was able to solve the problem using the video calibration wizard.
The PAR in there was set to ~0.833 or something, it looked square, but it wasn't.
I set it to 1.00, the square didn't look square anymore, but paint and my rules says: it is (maybe optical illusion of a square on a rectangular screen).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aspect Ratio0