Gotham - Video stutter
Running Gotham I have a issue that has never really showed up. Each video stutters heavily upon start making them unplayable. I have to restart the machine and even then this its 50 50 at this point on wether it will play correctly. Started last week when I played with playback settings to get rid of choppy video and I now have a new issue ten times worse. Any help would be appreciated.

All settings in playback have been turned off. True fullscreen has also been turned off. I believe this all started when I turned on True fullscreen and video playback was smoother. Then the next day all videos stuttered turned off full screen but same difference. A week later still having issue.

debug log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=248915

I have everything the way I like it and would hate a fresh install but if that's what it takes...
check audio settings. lots of error there.

also you are not running Gotham. You are running 12.3 Frodo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Reload the Nvidia drivers and default settings by renaming guisettings.xml in your Userdata (wiki) folder to something like old-guisettings.xml so a fresh guisettings.xml is created.
Maybe too soon to tell for sure but switched out hdmi cable and all is working so far. Thanx for suggestions.

*Turns out the problem is not the HDMI cord itself but hotplug detection failure. Every time the computer slept the detection failed for my receiver via hdmi once awakened. I have to do a Nvidia workaround to keep this from happening. Guess a recent windows update did something funky.

** I forgot I switched back from Gotham since there was no HD Audio compatibility. Will there be?
Strangely I was having the same issue, was due a re format anyway, so stuck a clean Windows 7 install back on.

I copied my userdata back across, played a couple of TV Mkvs and everything seemed fine.

Tried a Movie DTS Mkv and had stuttering just as I had on previous install, if I restarted the movie sometimes it would be fine, went straight away to sound and selected this and that. Nothing cured it.

Found out that if I switched off Adjust Frame Rate to Match Video, all was well again. Strange.

Win 7 Pro
Nvidia GTX 650 - 337Drivers
Gotham 13.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - Video stutter0