OpenElec & Chromebox Restore Issue
Bug 
I turned my Chromebox on today, and the skin reset from Nox to Confluence. My watched status and vids were still there. I switched back to Nox, and everything was default. I have OpenElec backup, but it says I have no space to do a restore <--seems odd.

I have XBMC backup for my settings, but when I restore, it just stops for a second, then resumes. Nothing restores.

Any ideas as to why my system would have reset, and why I can't restore anything?

I had an Ouya before, and that reset once as well... this is why I went Chromebox.

Help?
Probably just the guisettings.xml file from the userdata folder. See if you can just restore that file.
hrmm....sooo....maybe try to pull it out of the save .tar file and drop the guisettings.xml over the current one? ....computer terms...
Yes

"tar tvf save.tar" will display a list of files then
"tar xvf save.tar ./exact/path/to/guisettings.xml" will extract just the file you want if you ensure you match the path format as output by the first command. All the preceding folders will be created from the folder you run the command from.
Working. Takes an hour to open the file Sad
Why would XMBC donk up and wipe my settings?
Looks like I'm going to need to update my Chromebox with more space so I can restore without issues... Looks like I'm 100% maxed. Maybe that's why it freaked out?

I assume it maxed because I have like 10,000 thumbnails. :\
If I swap out my SSD for a new one, I'm hoping my OpenElec backup will restore my add-ons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec & Chromebox Restore Issue0