Upgrading from FroDo to Gotham - MYSQL Issues
(2014-07-30, 19:52)Tony_YYZ Wrote: Thank you once again for all of your help. I really appreciate your time. I owe you a beer.

No worries. I'm glad we got it sorted in the end for you. I learnt something from it so I'm happy Big Grin

(2014-07-31, 00:07).:B:. Wrote: Keep in mind RAID adds additional complexity and thus an elevated risk for data corruption. Regular file systems already cannot track data corruption, RAID and bigger drives only complicate that further. You might have bumped into a file system problem without realising it (e.g. corrupted database).

Thats not right, depending on the RAID level implemented. RAID 5 can suffer an entire disk failing and still recover all your data. RAID 10 can suffer multiple disk failures as long as no mirror loses all it's drives.

Of course, if you just use RAID to give you a huge drive by only striping your array, then you're probably asking for trouble unless you take regular incremental backups of it.

ZFS is the native filesystem on SOLARIS machines and is designed to be self-healing in the event of data corruption. There is some support for ZFS under Linux.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading from FroDo to Gotham - MYSQL Issues0