ActivateWindow opens window in background - help
I'm making a plugin that presents an XML dialog to walk people through configuring XBMC to run well on the FireTV. One of the settings you need to set is "Remote control send keyboard presses". Since there doesn't seem to be a way to directly set this from the addon( system.getbool() works, but system.setbool() doesn't), I'm trying to open the SystemSettings window from my dialog. However, when I do <onclick>ActivateWindow(systemsettings)</onclick> it opens the SystemSettings dialog in the background (you don't see it until you close my dialog). I've tried setting the zorder of my dialog to 0, but that doesn't help. I've even tried setting my window to <visible>!Window.IsActive(systemsettings)</visible>, but that didn't hide my window.

How can I have the SystemSettings dialog open in front of mine?
If you're using a modal dialog box, I don't think you can. If you are using a modal dialog box, try creating it as a "regular" window instead and see if that helps.
(2014-07-18, 18:01)pkscout Wrote: If you're using a modal dialog box, I don't think you can. If you are using a modal dialog box, try creating it as a "regular" window instead and see if that helps.

Thanks. Using xbmcgui.WindowXML instead of xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog worked!

There is a weird graphical glitch, though. If I set my windows backgroundcolor to 0 (no clearing, because my main control doesn't take up the entire screen), I get mouse ghosting outside of my main control (the edges of the screen). Fortunately, since the plugin in destined for Android, this shouldn't be a problem. But still...
Good news! Said setting is gone in Helix. The setting will also default to true on android in 13.2.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-07-19, 04:19)jmarshall Wrote: Good news! Said setting is gone in Helix. The setting will also default to true on android in 13.2.

Which setting is gone? xbmcgui.WindowXML or xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog?
"Remote control send keyboard presses"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-07-19, 07:38)jmarshall Wrote: "Remote control send keyboard presses"

Cool. I don't think I've ever not had to set it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ActivateWindow opens window in background - help0