Music Library export issue
Hi,

I'm attempting to export my music library using the option in settings. I choose to export to a single file and set the location and it exports. But after examining the output xml file there seems to be a problem. In the home screen 'music' says I have 10568 artists, then in music -> artists it show 1014 in the top banner, which I presume is album artists but the contents of musicdb.xml only has 117/118 <name>****</name> entries. So it seems that only a small portion of the artists in my library have been exported?

I have switched on debug but there appears to be no information in the logfile at all with regards to exporting, well from what I could see of course.

So is there anyway to check if there is a problem and / or would anyone know perhaps a solution / workaround other than re-building my library which may not work because I did that recently.

Thanks,

Mike.
Only the ones for which you have online info will be exported.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the response, could you please clarify what is 'online info' for an artist?
Discography, review, history etc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Basic requirement is when the artist is first added, or when you go to artist and attempt to get info triggering a scrape, if the scrape is successful then that artist will export. Same with album.

scott s.
Hi, Could someone please point me to what controls export library? i.e. a python script and which one?. I've noticed that the actual nfo's that are created are not correct i.e. I have an artist showing me biography in artist view but the relevant nfo has biography as empty.

I would like to look into the control and see if I can enhance it in the info it creates in the artist.nfo but I have no idea what does what with XBMC, I'm beginning to learn how the xml's work in relation to skinning but XBMC itself I don't know anything right now?

I've read that there isn't any Team Kodi Dev that's interested in the Music side so I'm concerned that music integration is slowly going to halt and not advance as it should with each version of XMBC / Kodi. I'm willing to look at improvements even though I don't know python but I'll try.

And apologies if I mis-read the Team Kodi stance on Music, but that is what I've seen in the past.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Doubt this bit will be written in python as it's a built in function I think. C++ is what you need to know Wink

The export function appears to start at line 4681 in the function CMusicDatabase::ExportToXML (github link -> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...tabase.cpp

Sure if I'm wrong a dev will correct me.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thankyou Black_eagle. Yup need to learn C++ as well, looking at the function and around line 4681 it seems that line 4796 is what I need to look into as everything else seems to be controlling .nfo creation and I can only see this line as possibly responsible for .nfo population.

But thanks anyway because I've noticed issues also with Video Export / Import and Music Export / Import so this C++ function seems to control all those actions, can but look.

Update, after quick investigation, found artist.cpp and line 134 onwards for the command artist.save so I can now see what it is exporting.

Many thanks again Black_eagle for the point in the right direction.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Good luck mate! I'd love to see a better music library. I don't know much c++ at all, but I know enough pure c to be able to follow most of the code.

I wish you every success.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library export issue0