Interlacing/Tearing (sometimes) [SOLVED]
When I go to watch live TV I am getting what I have seen called tearing or interlacing on some of my programs. It isn't on all the programs I watch and seems to be on non-HD programs (evening news or non-hd channels). The HD programs stream nicely and when I watch movies from Netflix or other videos I have placed on my backend, they stream fine, however TV recordings that are not HD seems to give me the same problem as live tv that isn't HD.

I have two setups with different brands of LCD screens I am using and both have the same problem.

I am running MythTV as my media center backend on one computer.
I am running XBMCbuntu as my front end on two separate computers.
All three computers are Intel NUC's running i5 (mythtv computer) & i3 (XBMC computer) processors and are running only mythtv and xbuntu (These are dedicated for my media center)
I have tried changing the interlace settings I could find under system->system settings->video to no avail
I have Comcast as my video provider and Orlando Florida as my regional channels. (For anyone in Central Florida when I watch WESH News I see a lot of the tearing going on but when I watch HD shows on the same channel they don't have the tearing)

Any help would be welcome :
Try turning on deinterlacing from the video menu during playback.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That worked! Thank you!

Now, is there a way to have that switched on for all the channels all the time or is that something I need to do on an as needed bases? And if the later, is there a way to program a key for automatically switch it on and off?
If it works on auto, that's all you need. To turn on for all videos there is an option at the bottom of the menu. Not sure how to set it to a button, but there will be a way.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Awesome...that worked! Thank you again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interlacing/Tearing (sometimes) [SOLVED]0