Local Trailer Support
Not sure if this is a general XBMC thing or a skin support question/request so I'm putting it here.

Recently it came to my attention you can store movie trailers locally in the movie folder and have it scraped like extra artwork or something for your library entry. However I've found this only seems to support 1 trailer per movie. Since ost movies have at least 2 trailers (Teaser and Theatrical) and many now have many multiple trailers (Gaurdians of the Galaxy has like 6 trailers so far, never mind TV spots) is there a way to have all of these scraped and added to the TRAILER button from the info screen?

Ideally I see it working where you add each trailer to the movie folder with a naming syntax as follows

Jurassic Park Bluray (1993).mkv
Jurassic Park Bluray (1993)-trailer Teaser 1.<ext>
Jurassic Park Bluray (1993)-trailer Theatrical 1.<ext>
Jurassic Park Bluray (1993)-trailer Theatrical 2.<ext>
Jurassic Park Bluray (1993)-Trailer 3D Trailer 1.<ext>

Then in the info screen you have the trailer button which brings up a pop-up menu to select which trailer you'd like to watch.

So is there something like this already set-up or am I requesting a new XBMC/Skin feature?
Bunch of views but no comments? No one even interested?
As far as I know, XBMC only supports one trailer per movie, but I can see where this would be neat. It could even be expanded to show related bonus material for that specific movie or episode, and that way it would be dynamic and could be used for a bunch of stuff.
It seems a little odd that this feature (or support for special features) hasn't been implemented already. Most films have more than 1 trailer so it only makes sense to support more than 1. I'd understand if they didn't support 20 or something.
Perhaps you should try the video extras addon. It is actively developed. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Interesting feature, would need the Skinner on-board for this. (perhaps re-located to feature suggestions forum ) a work-around exists for an extras folder in each movie folder, but access would have to be done in file mode.
Video Extras does not need file mode.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not sure how the video extras app answers my query? I'm not asking for movie extras to be included as a menu option (though that would be cool) I'm asking if/when multiple trailer support would be implemented so you can select the trailer and not get some terribly scraped from the internet trailer if you've taken the time to compile the trailers locally, plus give you the option to select which one you want to watch. The support is there already, in part. It just needs to be expanded upon. That could be a XBMC feature or a skin feature, I don't know.
Well Video Extras will allow you to click the Extras button in the video information screen and choose from multiple files to play, some of which may be trailers, some may be "making of" - might even be a completely different version of the move, eg a director's cut or a 3D version. It is very flexible. It gives you what you want - access to multiple trailers from within the gui.

I can't answer whether or even if mutiple trailers will be implemented via the trailers button, I am merely trying to offer an existing addon which gives you similar functionality, albeit via a button labelled "Extras" rather than a button labelled "Trailer".
Gotcha, but it sounds like creating far more work now and then in the future should multi-trailer support be added. When I found out local trailers could be scraped I was excited but the way is works now it very basic. I will wait until the option is created or just not bother and store my trailers as I always have.
I'd like to second this request. When I press the Trailer button and more than one local trailer exists, a choice pop-up would be nice. (Or even if just one local trailer exists, it would be nice to choose between that and the "automagically find trailer via internet"-feature).

EDIT: I know and understand that I can have extra video files in an "Extras" folder and using this Extras Addon can have an "Extra"-Button for each movie with such a folder that will show met a file browser with all files in that folder from which I can open those extra videos. But that would require to restructure my movie folders (move trailers inside the extra folder) and choose one default trailer to have him in the root folder for the trailer button, which would then not be listed inside the extras folder (unless I duplicate it). That's not a very satisfying replacement for the requested feature.

Is this the right place for such a feature request?

If no Kodi-dev find's this feature request important enough to implement it himself I'd be willing to put in a few hours to try to code it myself - though a few pointers of somebody who knows Kodi's insides on where in the code and how this would be best implemented would make it much easier for me.
How can we tell whether a local trailer file (as opposed to internet source trailer) is being played or not?   I set up this in my advancedsettings.xml:
:

<trailermatching>
        <regexp>(.*?)(trailer)(}|]|\))?(\.[^.]+)$</regexp>
</trailermatching>
I'd just like to know if that's enough to make the Trailer button in the info screens play a matching local file like:
Movie.2013.720p.BluRay.x264-hubris[TRAILER-Theatrical trailer}.mov
@ctawn

Like Artwork and NFO Files, Kodi prefers local information first.

You should ensure your trailer is correctly named, which yours is not. Consider trailer naming follows the same standard as NFO naming, so it should look like this (nfo files are not required for trailers to work, just shown as part of a naming example)...

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017).m2ts
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017).nfo
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)-trailer.m2ts

Kodi is not seeing your trailers as they are incorrectly named, so it is playing online versions... and kodi will continue to play the online versions as that is what is now registered in the database.

Like the NFO file, name your trailer exactly the same as the video file, then appen -trailer at the end with no spaces.

You need to correctly name your tralier, then remove the movie from the library and rescrape it. It will also be a good idea to disable "traliers" in the scraper setting page if you exclusively use local trailers.

Also best to remove that advancedsettings.xml entry when following the above.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-09-29, 22:47)Karellen Wrote: @ctawn

Like Artwork and NFO Files, Kodi prefers local information first. … Kodi is not seeing your trailers as they are incorrectly named, so it is playing online versions... and kodi will continue to play the online versions as that is what is now registered in the database. … You need to correctly name your tralier, then remove the movie from the library and rescrape it. It will also be a good idea to disable "traliers" in the scraper setting page if you exclusively use local trailers.

Also best to remove that advancedsettings.xml entry when following the above.
Thanks, the insight about Kodi recording the trailer location during scraping is particularly helpful.

But from what I gather you're mistaken about the naming. The point of that advancedsettings.xml is to establish your own naming pattern. I have many named similar to as given, and likely to get more. Easier to establish the flexibility of matching "trailer].ext" or "trailer).ext" etc.

The problem here is even if the regex now matches, you're saying that it doesn't matter if it's already been scraped.

So what about just refreshing the movie info (rather than remove & readd)? would that work? and again, is there any indication of the source of the trailer video played? (s'pose check the logs, huh…)
(2018-09-30, 03:37)ctawn Wrote: The problem here is even if the regex now matches, you're saying that it doesn't matter if it's already been scraped.
Yes. Think of an nfo file. No use adding a nfo file with your curated data after you have scraped the movie and then wonder why your own data is not displayed. Same with the trailers. Has to be there before scraping into the library.

Quote:But from what I gather you're mistaken about the naming.
I am speaking generally as I don't know your full setup, so tell me how the video file is named. Of course there is one way to know for sure... test it.

Quote:So what about just refreshing the movie info (rather than remove & readd)? would that work?
No, Refresh won't do it. Needs to be removed from library and re-scanned/scraped.

Quote:is there any indication of the source of the trailer video played? (s'pose check the logs, huh…)
Exactly Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local Trailer Support1