Ceton Echo and XBMC
Hi all,

So long story short, I've got a beast of a computer (5 gHz, 16 gb DDR3 ram, 6 TB of space, and a video card that has 2 cards in 1 with 3 gb of ram on it's own) and put a Ceton InfiniTV 6 card in it. All is working well, I can stream to my Ceton Echo via Windows Media Center, and I've got XBMC all set up and customized on my computer in a different room than the TV hooked up to the Ceton Echo.

My question is, can I set up the Echo so that when I turn it on it has the XBMC interface rather than WMC? Or is the only option to do that to run a cable across my house to the dang thing and use my 60 inch tv as a giant monitor?

Thanks,

Matt
I don't think xbmc runs on a ceton echo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ceton announced plans for the Echo to run Android - after the rumbling about Windows pulling out of WMC (and Win 7 MC Embedded) But nothing happened, and I think they admitted it wasn't going to happen... eventually.

Don't think you can do anything else with an Echo - which is a shame.
(2014-07-19, 12:11)noggin Wrote: Ceton announced plans for the Echo to run Android - after the rumbling about Windows pulling out of WMC (and Win 7 MC Embedded) But nothing happened, and I think they admitted it wasn't going to happen... eventually.

Don't think you can do anything else with an Echo - which is a shame.

Yeah I don't know what happened but they bailed.

http://cetoncorp.com/blog/ceton-echo-android/

Well I found that it was cheaper online to get a 50 ft HDMI cable in white, spend $6 in little nail/white plastic holders, and get an HDMI switch for all of $86 rather than the $129.99 Echo... Mind you I have to send the Echo back to Amazon, but I save $44 in the process.

Hardwiring white cable along a white baseboard, not so noticeable. Also faster speeds, and 100% not dependent on streaming signal. I tested the echo and it ran a little sluggish. I can also now keep my beast of a computer hooked up to my triple monitor set up, keep a hardwired mouse and keyboard there, but have the bluetooth mouse and keyboard in the living room. HDMI switch is for switching the output from my primary monitor of the 3 I have, to the TV.

Anyone know of a bluetooth remote that works with regular TV and can also work with an XBMC computer?
Most TVs use iR remote. But the ps3 bluray remote works with xbmc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ceton Echo and XBMC1