Release - WeMo Light Switch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sylv Offline
Hi,

I managed to build this add-on for XBMC to control my Belkin WeMo Light Switch. (Thanks to ouimeaux)
It will automatically turn the light off when a video starts playing, and turn it back on when playback is paused or completed. Also you can map a keyboard key to toggle the light on/off.
This add-on may have imperfections, but it works for me.

Download:
v0.1.3
Gotham: service.wemo.lightswitch.0.1.3.Gotham.zip
Frodo: service.wemo.lightswitch.0.1.3.Frodo.zip

Known Issues
  • Only works on Windows
    It might be able to work on OS X and Linux, but you have to solve some dependencies problems.

Installation
  • You need to have a Belkin WeMo device (WeMo Switch, Light Switch, Insight Switch). And make sure it can control your light remotely.
  • In order to use your keyboard (or other remotes) to control the WeMo Switch, you need to edit the keyboard.xml file in the XBMC userdata/keymaps folder.
    Add one line "<l>Skin.SetString(wemo, True)</l>" to the keyboard.xml file like below. You can change the trigger key from "L" to whatever you want.
    Code:
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <keyboard>
          <l>Skin.SetString(wemo, True)</l>
          <p>Play</p>
          <q>Queue</q>
        </keyboard>
      </global>
    </keymap>
  • Download the add-on as a ZIP file. Open XBMC and go to: System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file.
  • Wait for the settings dialog to pop up. Enter the name of your WeMo Switch device (you can find it from the WeMo app).
  • If it can successfully find your WeMo device on the local network, then it should work.

Release notes
Code:
Version 0.1.3

- Fixed: XBMC hangs on exit

Version 0.1.2

- Added: the ability to turn the light on when playback pauses and turn it off when playback resumes
- Added: options to enable/disable switchings

Version 0.1.1

- Added: Gotham support
- Fixed: missing dependency "Requests"

Version 0.1.0

- Initial version
(This post was last modified: 2014-09-05 01:40 by Sylv.)
find quote