Best setup for my paents
Needs to be very simple or they will just hate it. Something they can turn on and easily browse the library. Doesnt need to do a lot more than that. Will get fed from a USB external drive for now. Able to stream netflix a plus. Was about to order a fire tv and try it out (ive always just used custom build HTPC for myself).
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
If streaming netflix is a requirement then i would guess it would have to run windows apparently windows 8 has a pretty good Netflix App however as i cannot get netflix in my country Sad

and although i use Windows 8.1 only use it in desktop mode and never touch the apps i cannot say if this is true

for an easy setup if netflix is not a requirement is a basic computer and just have Openelec on it works like an appliance and it boots straight into xbmc within about 30 seconds and turns the machine into a dedicated xbmc box

works fantastic i did this for my mum because originally she had windows and if she accidentally pressed something and it exited to the desktop i would have to plug in a mouse or keyboard to bring it back

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best setup for my paents0