After closing XBMC no access to the Compute for ½ an hour
When I close XBMC I do not have any access to the Notebook about half an hour or so, the display is black. After that I can use the Notebook the usual way.

What might that be caused by?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Virus?
What operating system? I have noticed from time to time that XBMC will hang trying to quit. In Windows or Linux you could try ending the process, and on OSX you can try force quitting the application.
Many thanks.

Quote: Virus?
Actually I would not think so.

Quote: What operating system?
Win 7.
Quote: In Windows or Linux you could try ending the process, and on OSX you can try force quitting the application.
Yes, I would do it, if I had access to it.
I have no idea what the cause may be but with the following info, others may be able to provide further help...

What version of xbmc?
Are you using local files from your notebook or are you fetching them from your movie server or streaming them from the internet?
Does the problem occur if you start xbmc and then quit xbmc without watching a movie?
Does the problem occur if you start xbmc then start to watch a movie but quite the movie after one minute then directly quit xbmc after that?
Have you produced a debug log and looked within the log for hints to the cause?
If you can get access to another pc and connecting both to a router, can you ping your notebook after quiting xbmc and while the screen black?
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Thank you, skylarking,

I assume, my signature is not visible, how could I make it visible?

It is Gotham and I use Aeon Nox, the last version for the previous XBMC.

Quote:Does the problem occur if you start xbmc and then quit xbmc without watching a movie?
The problem does not occur always when closing XBMC as I see now. If I remember it right, the problem occurs after watching a movie and start watching a movie, so after watching a movie for may be 5 minutes and closing then.

Quote:Does the problem occur if you start xbmc then start to watch a movie but quite the movie after one minute then directly quit xbmc after that?
Ah, there is the question to my answer before. I assume, when it happened once, I started the movie, watching it, skipping some times within the movie and then quitting during the movie was running.

Quote:Are you using local files from your notebook or are you fetching them from your movie server or streaming them from the internet?
Local files on Notebook and on external Hard Disks. No server and streaming.

Quote: Have you produced a debug log and looked within the log for hints to the cause?
No, I didn't, it do not know how to cause the issue.

Quote: If you can get access to another pc and connecting both to a router, can you ping your notebook after quiting xbmc and while the screen black?
I assume, that would not be possible to do here, unfortunately.

Might this DVBLinkServer has to do anything with that: http://i.imgur.com/G6mmslS.png
What is it for, should I uninstall it? It is still running although XBMC is closed.

At the moment XBCM causes about 40 % of CPU use just being opened without (obviously) doing anything. I just closed it without having any problems.
Dont use, Frodo skins in Gotham, Bad idea, Its likely very incompatible will definitely be broken (I dont assume anything here as I did read your other threads so I know for sure its broken) And who knows what other addons you are also using that shouldnt from old versions or even something else.

Rename your addons_data and addons folders in %APPDATA%/xbmc and %APPDATA%/xbmc/userdata and maybe even rename the guisettings.xml located at %APPDATA%/xbmc/userdata and restart XBMC, you should have a pretty clean state except all your sources will still be there and all your media, and you will have a default skin.

FYI, rule of thumb when having ANY XBMC problems, always but always go back to default skin and try to move your addons out of the way.
Many thanks, uNiversal,

Alright, I will do it like you tell me...or do you think - as I messed around with XBMC - it could be better to start all over again and better install a new XBMC?

And it appears to be much less work and to be much more safer to just use the default skin especially when updating. So you do not have to do many of your own settings again for each single update, I assume, and you cannot cause incompatibilities.

OK, always go back to the default skin when problems, many thanks again.
If you do what I said, you should pretty much only need to reconfigure xbmc and add any addons that are sane. no need to reinstall XBMC at this stage, you can jsut rename your %APPDATA%/xbmc and it will just be like a fresh install.

in any case before you post any more problems and issues dont forget Debug log (wiki)
Alright, many thanks, uNiversal,

So, yes, of course, I will do what you said (at next occasion), no question. Good to know, no need to reinstall.

And yes, thanks for the debug link.

Thank you very much again.
By the way "newest stable" is not a version and doesn't help anyone with a similar problem who comes along later to the thread, because:

1. Its hard to work out what was "newest stable" at any particular time when looking at thread that is maybe months old; and

2. If you change your .sig, even that is lost.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you, nickr,

Yes, that's true, never thought about it, sorry for that, just changed it.

Actually I had used such a signature to avoid forgetting to change it after updating to a new version.
Dirki, i think that nickr may agree that if you define the xbmc version in your signature and at some time in the future update to xbmc 27.3 (for example) then this (old) thread will have your updated signature. As such anyone else who finds the thread using google or search may indeed be misslead into thinking this old issue is with xbmc 27.3 Smile

I'd say it's best practice to explicitly type the OS and XBMC version you are using in the thread body itself rather than rely on a changing signature to provide such info...

Cheers.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Quote:Dirki, i think that nickr may agree that if you define the xbmc version in your signature and at some time in the future update to xbmc 27.3 (for example) then this (old) thread will have your updated signature. As such anyone else who finds the thread using google or search may indeed be misslead into thinking this old issue is with xbmc 27.3
Yes, thank you, skylarking, that is fairly true, unless one would - in this case (and to make it a bit more inconvenient) - regard the posting date in combination with the XBMC (and / or other) version(s). The problem of a signature generally, obviously.

Quote:I'd say it's best practice to explicitly type the OS and XBMC version you are using in the thread body itself rather than rely on a changing signature to provide such info...
Yes, indeed, that's true, I would say.

Using a signature might not be that easy.
Anyway, enough of that. did you get your problem sorted? I'd be looking for a debug log (wiki) to see if a naughty addon is causing xbmc to give problems on exit.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After closing XBMC no access to the Compute for ½ an hour0