Several problems with music artists
Hi,

As you probably know from other recent posts I'm attempting to improve the music side of things in my instance of XBMC. Today I have been trying to execute either 'Query artist info fro all artists' or option 'I' on one artist after changing the scraper to see if things improve, for the 'i' option I'm using an artist which has been MB picarded as well so everything is done on that side.

For the first instance, the query, a process indicator launches in the top right but after around 2 artists it simply stops. for the 'I' instance XBMC is simply hanging on searching for artist.

A link is here for the logfile from the instance of xbmc where I attempt both refresh options and where both failed?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=249719

On looking myself I noticed these 3 issues:

14:46:25 T:3852 WARNING: failed to load scraper XML
14:46:25 T:3852 ERROR: Exception in CMusicInfoScraper:Tonguerocess()
14:46:26 T:2860 ERROR: CScraperParser:Tonguearse: Could not find scraper function ResolveIDToUrl

15:12:07 T:5612 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
15:12:13 T:5708 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://sources/Music Add-ons/fanart.jpg
15:12:13 T:5708 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://sources/fanart.jpg
15:12:13 T:5708 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://sources/../fanart.jpg

15:16:34 T:2152 NOTICE: Thread MusicInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
15:16:39 T:5228 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
15:17:49 T:2672 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
15:29:10 T:3880 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 4 times.
15:29:10 T:3880 WARNING: failed to load scraper XML
15:29:10 T:3880 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:29:10 T:3880 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

Can anyone please help, is it a problem on my side and I need to do something, is it XBMC?

Thanks

Mike.
A Debug Log will likely give you more information (System->Settings->Debugging)

By the looks you have a scraper set that you don't actually have? This could be set within the database - hard to tell without a Debug Log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi J,

Debug log as requested: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=250325
Additional log showing the artist.nfo that existed for Alanis Morissette which it seems was the problem as I removed this and the 'I' option now works,

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=250391

Also, I removed all artist.nfo files from my library and the 'query info' option now works. please note these artist.nfo's where built by XBMC itself via the export library to separate files option so why would they cause XBMC to fail / hang when XBMC is trying to process them?

Also. I've changed my default artist & album scrapers to audiodb, I've also changed scraper for all artists to audiodb but when I execute 'query info' it always executes universal artist scraper and not the default or assigned audiodb scrapers?

I want to change this because if I execute a scrape of Alanis with universal artist scrape it just falls into the 'artist' loop which it seems means that Alanis Morissette cannot be found by the scraper, yet I do an individual change of scraper to 'audiodb' ad re-scrape and it works perfectly?

I can't post the debug file for this as xbmclogs says it contains a phrase which has been censored and I have no idea what that phrase is?
Hi,

Does the log help anyone at all in suggesting a solution for my issue(s)? I'm constantly getting 'failed to load scraper XML' in logs when doing 'query info for all artists'?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Several problems with music artists0