Moved from xbmc xp to openelec 4.0.7 and video no longer plays
Hi

Due to gotham no longer supporting windows xp I have moved to OpenELEC Stable - Generic i386 4.0.7. I'm booting from a usb and then connecting to my media library over the network. XBMC works on openelec the same as xp in that I can configure settings and access the internet and my NAS etc. However when I try and play a movie (SD, mp3, xvid or mp4 etc) it does not work. The Working graphic appears at the bottom right for about a minute and then disappears. No video is played and occasionally I hear a sharp loud sound for a second. All these movies worked before on XBMC xp. I've copied a movie to another USB and that plays fine. Could it just be the quality of the wifi driver on openelec that is the problem. Otherwise the setup is exactly the same as before i.e. Pentium 4, 1Gb Ram, Ati graphics, Ralink wifi, onboard sound (I use passthrough anyway).

Thanks
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the link was wondering how I could get to the log file without being able to exit to the command shell. Log file is at link below. However for some strange reason the movies are now playing!! Will keep experimenting for a while to see how it goes. Would appreciate it if you can let me know if there is something not right. Also correction on above spec only have 512Mb RAM Sad

How I can update the advanced settings file from openelec? I'd like to increase buffer time. Thanks Smile

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=250156
ssh in and edit it with the nano file editor.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks. Actually tried plugging into my router's usb port and that worked!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moved from xbmc xp to openelec 4.0.7 and video no longer plays0