XBMC Gotham 13.1 MySQL Database Create issue
I had 2 client instances of frodo (RaspberryPi & another windows machine) with the library shared using MySQL 5.5 running on windows 7. I just upgraded both instances to Gotham 13.1, and created a new MySQL 5.6.13 server on my Drobo5N NAS. I pointed one of the clients (windows) over to the Drobo mysql server to create the db's. I imported my library, but when I went to look at my movies or tv shows nothing would happen. My troubleshooting steps:

1. I looked at the database created on the drobo mysql and noticed that the MyVideos78 database only had one view: episodeview
2. I pointed the windows xbmc client to the old mysql server to create the databases. I noticed that the databases were lowercase: myvideos78. And had these views: episodeview, movieview, musicvideoview, tvshowview.
3. I did a create script on the movieview, connected to the Drobo MySQL server to try to manually create the views in MyVideos78. Worked just fine.
4. I deleted the databases on the Drobo, turned on debugging, restarted XBMC to recreate the databases. See the log here: here.

I'm just going to use the MySQL 5.5 on my windows machine for now, but I'm replacing that box with a low voltage one and I want to use the Drobo to serve up the MySQL db.

Thank you!
Check this thread how to fix the issue on the Drobo. (I don't own one myself, but I remembered reading the thread)
You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. That totally fixed it, thank you. I guess the next thing is for the XBMC team to write good SQL. As a SQL developer myself I wouldn't mind fixing this for them.
We're completely uninterested in restricted SQL usage. MySQL is not a priority at all.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the educational reply...
You're welcome - always best to know exactly where folk stand so you don't invest time on something that others aren't interested in.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@Grbspltt
Thanks, but GaryPSmith did all the hard work here, not me...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Gotham 13.1 MySQL Database Create issue0