Win fanart for TV Shows
Hey,

I just recently installed XBMC on my HTPC runnning Windows 8.1 and have added media sources from my NAS. I have an app that downloads metadata for my movies and TV shows in an XBMC-friendly format and stores it locally with the media files, but my problem is that XBMC doesn't seem to want to pick up the fanart automatically.

I have created 2 seperate sources; one for Movies using the Movies scraper (Local Information Only), and for for TV Shows using the TV shows scraper (Local Information Only). The movies show up perfectly with poster, fanart and descriptions. TV shows show up with posters, banners and descriptions only - no fanart.

If I right-click a given TV Show, click TV show information and click art, the fanart box is empty

but if I click on it to choose an image, the local art shows up as a selectable option.

If I select it, it is succesfully applied.

I have tried to remove and re-add the source, clean the library and refresh each show, but still no fanart (this goes for every show). What am I missing?

FYI, folder structure looks like this:

Code:
Series
    <Show Name>
        banner.jpg
        fanart.jpg
        folder.jpg
        poster.jpg
        seasonXX-banner.jpg
        seasonXX-poster.jpg
        <Season XX>
             folder.jpg

For the movies, where fanart shows up properly, the structure is the following:
Code:
Movies
    <Movie Name> (<Year>)
        banner.jpg
        fanart.jpg
        folder.jpg
Quote:my problem is that XBMC doesn't seem to want to pick up the fanart automatically.
a re-scrape or manual refresh will pickup the gfx and met-data, it will not do this automatically when there is meta-data in the same video folder already associated with the target. If you haven't done a TV scrape, it's not likely you'll see fanart in the extras, there is an option to add-art. Series_Name-fanart.jpg should give fanart results, Artdepartment Downloader is great for this.
(2014-07-19, 21:13)PatK Wrote:
Quote:my problem is that XBMC doesn't seem to want to pick up the fanart automatically.
a re-scrape or manual refresh will pickup the gfx and met-data, it will not do this automatically when there is meta-data in the same video folder already associated with the target. If you haven't done a TV scrape, it's not likely you'll see fanart in the extras, there is an option to add-art. Series_Name-fanart.jpg should give fanart results, Artdepartment Downloader is great for this.

Hi PatK - by "automatically", I meant automatically applying the fanart present in the directory when the folder is scraped. As I mentioned, I've rescraped multiple times, and yet the fanart is still not applied - I have to manually assign it for each show, even though the scraper has obviously picked it up (screenshot 3).

Oh, and just to make it clear - the art and metadata was present in the directory when the source was initially added to my library.
I think your issue lies with the external scraper and how it sets it up for XBMC (I suspect the app is not 100% compliant) or XBMC is tripping up on how the meta-data is presented, in that when the data is available for an XBMC scrape, there is a time-out for the fanart that is not tolerated, otherwise XBMC should pick it up. It does this flawlessly for me if the meta-data is local, so the only difference in your system is the NAS steerage.
Strangely enough, I added a brand new TV show (one that wasn't present in the directory before), and the fanart was correctly applied. I'm guessing the "clean library" feature doesn't clean up any old references afterall :/
You might be right, clean looks to see if there is a video in the folder, if it doesn't find one... it deletes the reference for it in the library, but doesn't clean out the real folder or the library thumbs, so there may be an issue there. Running the add-on thumbnail cleaner, might be the fix.
Gotcha - I'll give that a go - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart for TV Shows0