tar file on AppleTV1
Was wondering why I do not see an img file for the new 4.0.7 for my AppleTV1. I see a tar file,but confused as to how to make this run on an ATV1.Unzipped file but that is as far as I got. Using windows based comp.
See Apple TV 1 FAQ (wiki). Basically, you have to install linux if you want to install newer versions of XBMC. The ATV OS is no longer supported, as it was based on Mac OS X 10.4, and Mac OS X 10.6 is now required. I recommend either Crystalbuntu (wiki) or OpenELEC (wiki), as both has very easy ways of installing linux and XBMC on the ATV1. You can even dual boot using a USB stick, if you wish to keep the original ATV OS functionality.

While a Broadcom Crystal HD (wiki) card is not required, they're cheap on ebay and installing one in the ATV1 will improve performance greatly, if you don't already have one.
Thank You. In other words,this tar file is not computable for my ATV1? I am currently running openELEC on my APV1,but find a lot of buffering issues,and lag when opening links for Movies,ect...I was hoping that this newer version might help resolve some of these issues.I have tried Crystalbuntu as well,which seems to work a bit better than openELEC.Maybe I will switch back and see if this helps. I have used several maintenance programs in other apps to clear cache but I still have the same issues Very few apps loaded as well..Any suggestions would really help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tar file on AppleTV10