This is really doing my head in
I have 2 instances of XBMC Gotham.

One running on my desktop PC and the other running on a laptop connected to my TV

Both are running the same version of XBMC and both have identical configurations.

When I play files on the PC I don't have any subtitles unless I turn them on which is the way I want it.

The laptop on the other hand I have to turn off the subtitles every time I play a new video.

This makes no sense at all to me since both setup use an identical configuration and have identical plugins installed.
Set as default -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sub...g_playback
thanks for that.

But now I have to ask why you would put the subtitle settings in the audio menu instead of the subtitle menu.

Just a simple set as default button in the subtitle menu would stop this confusion for so many.
XBMC v13 is actually the first time the sub menu got revamped to be used for subs "in general". Before it was only used for the subtitle download add-on, and normal sub control was only through the audio menu. A "global off" in the subs menu might be something that will eventually come, but I'm not sure, as it's not really my area.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This is really doing my head in0