X server support in RPi openelec distros
I have a couple of raspberry pis and haven't used XBMC on them much, just playing about. I now want to put one in my car, and openelec would be fine if I just wanted to run XBMC. However I'd also like to try navit, which I think means I will need X (unless anyone can tell me that Navit's SDL output can run in a framebuffer.

So my question is: which of the XBMC Rpi distros supports X running? I know openelec doesn't seem to (but if it is easy to add X to openelec, that would be interesting to know about).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't think any of the XBMC-running distros will support X - after all, how would you work out what is controlling the display, and how would you switch.
Suggest you try a straight linux based distro (like debian wheezy)
Derek
No xbmc build uses X on the Pi. It would only add unnecessary overhead.

I'd suggest dual boot, a second sdcard or a second pi would be reasonable solutions.
BerryBoot :D
Thanks all.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Was looking at putting a pi in my van. Was searching online and came across this site the other day maybe worth a read ? Looks like this chap has had a go at what your trying to achieve.
http://www.engineering-diy.blogspot.ro/
Yep already sussed that site and it looks like he moved from openelec to raspbian.

I have bought one of these pibus devices for my BMW and am looking forward to installing it! http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=940693

I think I'll start with openelec while I play with my other pi to see if I can get navit working satisfactorily along with xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X server support in RPi openelec distros0