Android I want not show up external storage in videos files or lock it
The problem is:

I have a PIVOS XIOS with android and xbmc 13.1 gotham(with Confluence theme). Plus I have two kid who wake up early and play with the box. All videos, series are stored in an external usb storage (adult contents too). I prepared a Profile for them, where they could only see the media sources with no adult content. The problem is:
If they go to the Videos->Files then they can see sda1(the usb drive) as a media source and they can open it. All media source can be locked and deleted but not this one.
How could I remove or lock this source for them?

Any idea?
Never quite used it myself but did a quick test:

In the profile that you prepared for your kids, there is a "Lock Preferences" where you can enable "Lock videos window" (and "Lock file manager").
If you enable those, access to Videos->Files will be restricted by the master password.
Yes, however not only videos->files is locked but whole Videos, Movies and TV Shows locked as well.
It is no problem for me if they watch some TV in the morning, with this soluition they cannot watch anything (nor kid content).
Right. That's pretty dumb Sad
We should revise this.

Right now, the only solution I'd think of is to use a skin which allows both to edit the main menu to remove Videos->Files nad kiosk mode (to disallow editing its settings).
Aeon Nox and other "advanced" skins might fit your needs.
The kiosk mode is not a solution, because if I open videos->files there is a source (I do not known where it is came from) sda1 and if I open it I see all content of /mnt/sda1.
I do not understand where this sda1 source came from. It is definitely not present in sources.xml. If I call the context menu, I can only set the content but cannot lock or delete this source.

My question is: Where this sda1 source came from? It was not present in Frodo. It is a new feature?
It's added automatically because it's a removable drive.
This is the standard way in XBMC, it was just missing from Frodo on Android.

As I said, your best bet is to remove the Video->Files menu altogether, via a 3rd party skin. The kiosk mode is just to avoid your kids to re-edit the skin settings.
I too had this problem initially. How to prevent different XBMC/Kodi profiles access certain files.

The only solution I found was to make that adult content available on demand (when I wanted to watch it) and disconnect / unplug the drive when I was not watching.

File system rights don't work as it's the same underlying OS user account that runs Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want not show up external storage in videos files or lock it0