Wav music library
Ok, so the only formats my car supports are wav, wmv and mp3. (read the manual). A bit disappointing for a two year old German car!!!!

I suppose the effort of maintaining two music formats is minimal. It boils down to just ripping a song/cd twice. Not a real big effort once the initial bulk conversion is done.

I did try using mp3 initially, converted at 320kbps but the quality difference was evident, even in the car... and we even played around with blind listening tests!!

dBpoweramp looks interesting. I'll give that a try.

nickr- Sounds like an interesting project. Is that all new hardware or are you able to somehow modify the cars existing software?
I am using a raspberry pi via HTTP://pibus.info
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-26, 02:13)blossom24 Wrote: I did try using mp3 initially, converted at 320kbps but the quality difference was evident, even in the car... and we even played around with blind listening tests!!

Good chance you had high gain and clipping on your MP3 files, some players don't deal well with that. It can be corrected with MP3Gain.
Well... I have recently completed re-ripping my CD collection into FLAC. Sure I could have just converted the .wav files, but this gave me an opportunity to add more songs from my CD's. (I only rip the songs that I like, not the entire album.)

I used Foobar2000 and, once I hurdled the learning curve of how it works and finding the required components it was fairly easy to use.

Now, I have FLAC files for my media centre, and have converted to mp3 files for my car. Now I have full functionality in both places.

I have two questions though...

1. A lot of the time, I just hit play in the songs list and just let Kodi play through my list of approximately 2,000 songs (as opposed to selecting a genre, album or artist). I have my song list sorted alphabetically in reverse with Play Count. The more I listen to my music, the further down the list of songs I am getting, which makes it difficult the next day when I have to scroll down through dozens of pages to find the last played song according to the play count. Is there any way to set up a jump to Last Played song in the list?

2. A lot of my albums and artists have not scraped any information. For example, Madonna does not scrape. I am using the default scraper in Kodi. When this happens in movies or TV Shows, I just use the context menu to select Refresh. There doesn't seem to be that option in Music. How would I manually scrape in music?

Thanks to all that insisted I use FLAC.
1st question - does your Madonna stuff actually have the right tags inside the flac files? If you right click on a file and hit 'properties' it should tell you (depending on OS).

EDIT: I just checked on win7, right click|properties|details tab shows tags for mp3 but not flac. Bugger.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi Nickr,

I was very meticulous with the tags this time around... and Foobar is quite easy to navigate the tags table. Yep, just checked through Foobar... Madonna is set as Artist as well as album Artist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wav music library0