Win guisettings.xml affecting focus?
Okay, I'm gonna tell a story. (System specs: Win7-64, 8Gb RAM, Intel i3, Samsung 840 Evo SSD)

TLDR at the bottom.

What I did
I upgraded from Frodo 12.3 (with Aeon Nox 4.0.9) to Gotham 13.1, while keeping the same guisettings.xml. Using the new Aeon Nox 5 Redux, I set everything up to my liking. I also played around with Aeon MQ5 and Ace, but soon found myself going back to Nox.

Then I realised this would unnecessarily bloat my guisettings, which had been in use since Frodo 12.0. So, thinking a fresher setup would always be better, I renamed it to guisettings.xml_FRODO, and restarted XBMC to create a new file. I went through the setup again and everything was going well.

Then came yesterday: I decided to play some old roms, which I launch with Rom Collection Browser and that's where I noticed something was amiss.

What happened
Previously, upon exiting a game, XBMC was automatically brought back to focus. It didn't anymore. So, assuming this had something to do with RCB, I tried my luck with Advanced Launcher. It had the same problem and I started cursing at Gotham 13.1.

After mucking about with various settings of both RCB and Adv.Launcher to no avail, I decided to try my luck with the old guisettings (the _FRODO one) on a whim, and guess what? The refocusing was restored!

My question
Now I know I can just use that old guisettings to remedy the problem of not getting focus back, but that way something will always linger in the back of my head, whispering: "Not everything is working as you thought it would! You have no control! Your PC is tainted!"

So what I want to know, is this:
- how does the guisettings.xml affect giving focus (or not)?
- is there even any benefit in using a cleaner/newer version of guisettings.xml? (I use the SSD as main hdd; both Windows and XBMC are on there)
- if so, can I edit the 'cleaner' guisettings to also support the refocusing?

Too long, did not read
My old guisettings.xml from Frodo gets XBMC refocused after launching and exiting an external emulator, my fresh one from Gotham doesn't. WHY!? Huh

TIA, WeirdH
Wow, this got buried fast! Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
guisettings.xml affecting focus?0