Samsung Note Pro 12.2 - XBMC Gotham - DVD Rip/Blu Ray Rip/mp4/MPEG2-TS's
I installed Gotham on my brand new Samsung Note Pro 12.2 tablet last night.
This is my firt tablet BTW, and I wanted a tablet which could play DVD-Rips (ISO & VIDEO_TS folder), 1080p mp4's, and perhaps an occasional Blu Ray Rip.
Well I mounted a SMB share on my Mac Pro where the content is and experimented with playing various types of video content to see what the android port could and couldnt do.
I was pleasantly suprised to see that VIDEO_TS folders played, but I had to select the IFO file instead of it seeing I selected a VIDEO_TS folder and automatically loading the DVD IFO file. Playback was flawless. The only thing I would say is that with a touchscreen the timeline / controls overlay somewhat interfered with the DVD Menu selection.

ATSC MPEG2-TS @ 18 Mbps played back with no trouble as did 12 Mbps H.264 broadcast TS's. Nice.

On to 1920x1080p mp4's. I rendered them with no sweat and I would assume was using hardware acceleration?
I tried a 25 mbps Big Buck Bunny/Elephant Dreams mp4/wmv and it played it back, but it was a little choppy and I am not sure if it was due to wireless limitations or the hardware's limitations?

Tonight I will see if XBMC will play a Blu Ray folder on the Note?

Eventually I will load up a 128 GB Micro SD card and store content locally on the machine.
I also may buy one of the 2TB wireless portable hard drives if the 128GB is not enough storage space for the library I want avaliable to the tablet/portable decvices.
I just wanted to see if I was going to keep the Samsung if it could playback these types without problem and it meets my requirements.

I have no idea playing back these various files does to the battery time, but if it uses hardware acceleration, then battery life should remain good.

Nice job to the developers for the nice job they did on the XBMC port!
blu ray playback also works though there is stutter during playback, likely caused by wireless smb share access.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 - XBMC Gotham - DVD Rip/Blu Ray Rip/mp4/MPEG2-TS's0