How does xbmc call suspend?
Hi All:

Can someone please tell me how xbmc goes into suspend when you push the button on the remote or select suspend from the exit menu?
It must call up a script or something that puts the computer into suspend. I was hoping someone could tell me the name and location of that script.
Ubuntu 14.04 and xbmc Gotham.
Thanks to all.
/etc/pm/sleep.d

BR
Janusz
depends on which methods are available on the target system: logind, upower, consolekit...
see https://github.com/yasij/xbmc/blob/login...er.cpp#L73
okay thanks guys.
I was going to try and create a way for mythtv to use the built in suspend of xbmc but it does not seem that simple.
thanks for the info.
You can trigger xbmcs suspend function via jsonrpc or xbmc-send.
(2014-07-21, 17:04)teeedubb Wrote: You can trigger xbmcs suspend function via jsonrpc or xbmc-send.

Okay, but xbmc needs to be running for that to be true yes?
Appreciate the help.
Most of the ways use dbus. Which you can invoke via dbus-send.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Okay thanks for the info.
I will try and figure out the dbus method.
Appreciate the info.
Here is the UPower sleep message as an example. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...l.cpp#L117
Which if memory serves me correctly
dbus-send --system org.freedesktop.UPower /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I am testing over ssh right now so I cant be sure but I believe this one will work.
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend

I get this error but I believe it is caused from using ssh
Error org.freedesktop.UPower.GeneralError: not authorized

With the one you suggest I get the following error.
Must use org.mydomain.Interface.Signal notation, no dot in "/org/freedesktop/UPower"
This is what works for me in xbmcbuntu13

Code:
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Suspend
This worked for me.

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend

Thank you to all for helping out a novice like me. It is really apreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does xbmc call suspend?0