IPTV - how to
I wasnt sure where to post this thread so Mods please move if needed.

I just had fiberoptics tv installed and would love to get live tv working with xbmc but not sure how or if it is possible. I now have IPTV and its run via ethernet from router/modem combo from fiop company. My router/modem has a MoCa output on the rear panel, but Im not educated on how this all works. Do I need a tv tuner or MoCa adapter to get this to stream live tv through XBMC? Is it even possible?

Thanks and apologies if Im asking incorrect questions as this is all new to me. I was use to WMC with HDPrime with cablecard tuning adapter which worked great.

Can someone please provide me with instructions or point me in the right direction to try to get this setup working?

Thanks greatly !
If you have WMC working already then you can hook that into XBMC, which would probably be the best method for your situation: ServerWMC (wiki).
I watch IPTV through LiveTV (you have to enable LiveTV in the settings)
I use the PVR IPTV simple client.(also needs to be enabled from the PVR addon list)

Once you enabled Live TV with IPTV simple PVR you have to configure it (the PVR addon)
You set there where the list of streamable channels is (local or remote-web) also where the EPG for those channels is and also where the logos for those channels are.
The EPG and logos may be left undefined, it won't stop you from watching IPTV, the only one which is required is the stream list location.

This post might help you understand too: Post on IPTV client
Yeah, if you don't need recording then the Simple IPTV PVR add-on is really awesome and works great with the Prime.
Thanks. To confirm...
I do not have coaxial connection. Im connected via Ethernet running through modem.
Do I need a tuning adapter? Or cablecard? Or MoCa adapter?
I thought you already had the HDHomeRun Prime?
I have the prime. But was informed by the tech and members on the silicondust forum that it would not work with IPTV. That's where the confusion starts.
Anyone else have advice? Can I stream from my modem thru pc running xbmc?
Hey this is my iptv thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200386 simple iptv just enable the add on the direct to ur m3u file got tv but no epg
(2014-07-22, 01:19)imazombie Wrote: Hey this is my iptv thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200386 simple iptv just enable the add on the direct to ur m3u file got tv but no epg

Thanks imazombie. any advice is helpful. Im new to this and been busting my brain trying to find info. I previously had WMC with Time Warner Cable working great with SiliconDust HDPrime cablecard tuner but changed to fiber optics due to Time Warner jacking me around too many times. I'll have to say that the High Def channels Im receiving are of much better quality and clarity. anyway enough of the fiber optic review, I would love to get this IPTV working like I had my other setup if possible. I would like to run to multiple tv's and eliminate these set top boxes.

The main line from outside is running into my modem/router which has a MoCa output on the rear panel. Im thinking I can get a converter and just plug it into the rear and go from there, but I dont know for sure and dont have the time to keep trying by process of elimination.

Im still learning as there seems to be no clear instructions on how to setup this type of system. Hoping someone will come along with some technical knowledge to help out.

Thanks again!
Wish i coild be more help with the rest of that but untill i need it i dont learn it
Got ya. I could use some help. Any idea how to obtain the M3U channel locations (or whatever the correct term is) from my ISP provider? Im using Cincinnati Bell fiber optics. No luck searching google so far..
Any luck with this? I'm with Cincinnati bell fioptics and wondering the same thing..
We don't allow the advertisement or distribution of IPTV M3U files or similar lists here.

Especially on 4-year old threads...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have Prime. Comcast is my internet provider and reimburse me 2.50$ monthly to use their cable card through my prime. works flawlessly! you have to enable the PVR addons through KODI and download the addons from HD homerun website.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV - how to0